spanish question words in sentences

Being confused in Spanish. Example: No me gusta [nada]. Telling someone how you truly feel in Spanish. Are you 30 years old? Do not worry though, as we are now going to have a look at the correct and possible uses of this question word: Use Qu when asking What in Spanish if the following word is a noun. They are an essential part of your language skills set so let's take a look at some key ones! Spanish Reported Speech How to Become an Expert, Top 8 Instagram Accounts to Follow if You Are Learning Spanish, Por vs Para 11 Rules Explained With Examples. Sometimes the preposition DEwill translate asOF, other times as ABOUT, or AT. Question words are used amply in basic Spanish conversations, such as greetings and introductions, asking for directions, finding out the time, and countless others. WebSpanish question marks feature an upside-down question mark at the beginning of the sentence and an ordinary question mark at the end. We hope you never use it to answer this question, but we thought we should probably teach you how to say you dont like it. Use para qu when you want to know the purpose or intention of an action. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Contact Us 2022 HSA. In general, use cundo to ask when. Now it is time to see Spanish question wordsthat we use when we ask about people. Tambin / Tampoco (Also / Too / Either) Tener (have / has got) Also See: All Beginners Lessons. Your next goal should be to use all the question words in Spanish in a conversation. If the next word in the sentence is not a noun, then we need to keep thinking: Cul es tu nmero?Whats your number? Dnde estn los baos?Where are the bathrooms? When writing, you simple add question marks to a statement to make it into a question. Quin est a cargo? Whos in charge? WebIn order to get information, e.g. In order to get information, e.g. If the question words are beginning to make you dizzy, pick only the basic ones for now and practice them until you feel confident about their use. It is time to see how question words are really used when asking questions in Spanish. Cmo would not make sense in this case, and Cunto (with tilde) is used meaning How much. They can all be used in direct and indirect questions. WebA good thing to note is question words, when used as a question, all have an accent mark. (When?) A deadline, a plan, an order, etc. examples Te gusta esta pelcula, no? Cundo does not have a plural form and always has a tilde over the vowel a. Paraqu lo necesitas? What do you need it for? Adnde me vas a llevar? Where are you taking me? Fill the gaps choosing between the options in brackets: 1) Me pregunto qu significa esta palabra. To be clear, cmo does not translate as what, but sometimes we use it in place of qu. WebNow that we have seen the structure of a question, let's take a look at some Spanish question words in sentences. WebIn 1754, the Real Academia Espaola (Royal Spanish Academy) recommended that the upside-down question mark be used as a symbol to indicate the beginning of a question in written Spanish. Example: Me encanta! Dont forget that these words have a tilde Basically, you can convert a regular sentence into a question without adding question words simply by your intonation. Interrogative sentences can be total or partial. A: Tengo __ hijos/hermanos. Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms and Conditions, You got {{SCORE_CORRECT}} out of {{SCORE_TOTAL}}, The Numbers in Spanish Learn and Practice, Spanish contractions AL and DEL Learn and Practice, por vs para in Spanish Learn and Practice, Spanish de a Using these prepositions in sentences. Translate the remaining sentence into Spanish, conjugating the verb to go with the subject. Cundo? I hope you find the above Spanish conversation tips and phrases helpful. Spanish for Kids PDF. And if you are feeling brave enough, here are some more complex question words in Spanish. How are you? )Why animals, why,do not live in the jungle? (formal) Cmo ests? 6. Who? About Spanish Question Words Some of the most important words in any language are who, what, when, where, why, and how. These question words enable you to search for answers, direct thoughts, and gain new insights. Instructor: Adrianne Baron. It is easily one of the most common Spanish words youll hear. Want to Improve Your Spanish? They are very important, but sometimes we will need more than a SI or a NO. Cules idiomas hablas? A: (I am __ years old.) (At least the mysteries in the Spanish-speaking world.) Often, sentences that begin in phrases such as quiero saber (I want to know) or no saber (I don't know) are indirect questions. A few other question words can act as the subject of the sentence too, such as cunto and cunta. Cul is another question word in Spanish with both singular and plural forms. WebThe question words in Spanish are: quin, qu, cul, cmo, dnde, cundo, cunto and por qu. They can all be used in direct and indirect questions. Telling someone how you truly feel in Spanish. In the following examples, either Spanish question is a grammatically valid way of expressing the English: Va Pedro al mercado? Conquin te toca trabajar hoy? Who are you supposed to work with today? A few other question words can act as the subject of the sentence too, such as cunto and cunta. Another key question word in Spanish is cundo (when). Unfortunately, it has a few other meanings as well. Being bilingual is worth the effort. Check out the following examples: Qu es esto? T eres turista, o te mudaste para ac? What are the Spanish question words? Not everything about Spanish is difficult. WebNotice that when the question word serves as the subject, there is no need to switch the subject and verb. Translation: I dont like it [at all].. What are you doing? What movie did you watch last night? Are you a tourist, or did you move here? Enqu te puedo ayudar? What can I help you with? - To find a good job. A: Me llamo Pablo. Knowing these important factors, you can begin learning the Spanish question words. Q: Cuntos hijos/hermanos tienes? 1. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. to go, to run, to travel, to run, etc. How are you? T eres turista, o te mudaste para ac? Once you are finished, click the button below. Copyright Curiosity Media, Inc., a division of IXL Learning All Rights Reserved. 4) No s dnde vive Fernando. Cul te gusta ms? Qu? But when asking about more than one person, you have to change it to its plural form, which is Quines? WebNormally, these sentences are introduced by a question word. (Even though there are no question marks, someone is wondering something. All question words have accent marks when they play an interrogative role. If I call you, will you answer? It allows you to communicate with other people, helps you when you get lost, or when you need to choose the best candidate for a job. 5. What time is it? Did you manage to get them all right? Qu quieres tomar? I prefer the red one, Who is going to help you? Dednde aparecieron todas estas flores? Where did all these flowers come from? Cundo llegaste? When did you arrive? Sign up right now for a free trial class at Homeschool Spanish Academy. I like to start my lesson about question words in Spanish with an Argentinean song Cmo, dnde y por qu (How, where and why? It means WHY and you use it when you want to ask for a reason. Quin? 2. Now lets take a look at using the preposition a(to) with quin. Also, pay attention to the structure used to form these questions and the punctuation rules explained above. Besides, why do you say: Qu es esto?, but Cul es tu nombre?. In this lesson, we will introduce the most common ways for asking questions in Spanish. - Para encontrar un buen trabajo. in Spanish, we ask how many years do you have?) A: Tengo __ aos. WebQuestion Words in Spanish. My friend is going to help me, Why are you doing that? (qu / que)I wonder what this word means. Another thing that you should bear in mind when writing a question in Spanish is that you need to add an upside-down question mark () at the beginning of a sentence if you want to add a I hope you find the above Spanish conversation tips and phrases helpful. Cmo? Spanish question words list 1. Congratulating or wishing someone well in Spanish. 1. Remove the do or does from the English question. Has spent 20 years in that beautiful South American country working as a language teacher and translator. ), Cuntos/as? Paraquin trabajas? Who do you work for? (personas is feminine) How many people work in your company? Here are some simple ways to use Qu? Instructor: Adrianne Baron. Cmo? 2. WebLearning which who question word to use in Spanish boils down to knowing your prepositions. Dnde se conocieron (ustedes)? Where did you meet? Buenos das, soy Diego. Qu? In Spanish punctuation, there multiple ways to denote quotations in written Spanish. (How many?) Among the category dresses, which one do you like best?). (Good morning!) Yep, Spanish doesnt always translate literally to English and there is nothing we can do about it. Por qu?Por qu les pones rejas?Y quin los enga? As you learn new words on your trip, you'll be able to combine them with these question words to start forming your own sentences and questions! Hows it going? WebQuestion Words in Spanish Lesson Plan. Punctuation marks in Spanish are almost exactly the same as English--except for two. Porquin es dirigido este equipo? Who is this team led by? Learning which who question word to use in Spanish boils down to knowing your prepositions. In these 3 examples we are not asking about the subject of the sentence, but about its object. Both Spanish and English use double inverted comas quotes ( ) In English, to write a quotation we use the double inverted comas. (When?) Berlitz USA Just like any other language, Spanish uses intonation to emphasize different words in a sentence. Interrogative sentences can be total or partial. Con quinte vas a reunir? Who are you going to meet? In English, we refer to them as the 5 Ws Who, What, Where, When, and Why. When theyre used in a statement, you drop the the accent mark. In general terms, you use QU when you ask about a definition of something and CUL when you want to know one of several options, just like in the following examples: Cul es tu color favorito? Whats your favorite color? in Spanish, we ask how many years do you have?) A: Tengo __ aos. Dont worry, youll be able to check if your translation is right at the end. According to a study by The Economist, you can earn anywhere from $50,000 to $125,000 extra just by knowing a foreign language alone. When asking why, por qu and para qu are somewhat interchangeable, depending on what you want to emphasize. Where is the bathroom? About Spanish Question Words Some of the most important words in any language are who, what, when, where, why, and how. These question words enable you to search for answers, direct thoughts, and gain new insights. (Hello!) Very basically speaking, you switch the word order of the subject (whether its a noun or pronoun) and its accompanying verb form. Qu tan caro es vivir en Buenos Aires? How expensive is it to live in Buenos Aires? )Por qu los animales, por qu,no viven en la selva? WebNotice that when the question word serves as the subject, there is no need to switch the subject and verb. Qu quieres?What do you want? Va al mercado Pedro? My advice is to make a list of Spanish verbs that are usually accompanied by the preposition DE. = What? What time is it? It translates as why or what for. Enqu piensas? What are you thinking about? Here are some simple ways to use Por qu estn peleando? Why are you fighting? Cuntotiempo dur la pelcula? Remove the do or does from the English question. Remember that all questions in the language must begin with an inverted question mark and finish with a normal one. When they are not written with tilde, then they will be considered a part of the sentence instead, e.g. Cmo estn ustedes? 7. No s dnde ests.I dont know where you are. Are you a tourist, or did you move here? You can see more of these types of questions in other lessons in the site. How are you? Con quin juegas?Who are you playing with? When theyre used in a statement, you drop the the accent mark. Im sure youve seen it coming, havent you? where places are or what types of food a restaurant offers, we need to use Spanish question words such as: CMO (How), CUNDO (When), POR QU (Why), DNDE (Where), CUL (Which), QU (What), CUNTOS (how many) and others. So simple, yet a little confusing when it comes to the question word itself. Quin? A dnde viajas?Where are you traveling to? In addition, by placing an inverted question mark at the beginning of a sentence, the reader can adjust his or her tone as the sentence progresses. The words in square brackets like [this] are optional. WebAsking questions in Spanish is quite similar to asking questions in English. Your email address will not be published. Rara Academic | Developed By Rara Theme. Qu hora es? All The Spanish Question Words . Bien. Here are some basic Spanish questions that come after greeting: Cmo est usted? Question words or interrogative words in Spanish ( palabras interrogativas) are used to gather information about any topic. Spanish question words. Why?Where does heaven end?What is love?(.. WebUnlike English, however, you dont raise the pitch of your voice at the end of a question in Spanish. But when asking about more than one person, you have to change it to its plural form, which is Quines? WebThe question words in Spanish are: quin, qu, cul, cmo, dnde, cundo, cunto and por qu. Por qu no vamos a Tailandia?Why dont we go to Thailand? Si te llamo, contestars? Required fields are marked *, With over 10 years of experience, HSA is where your goals merge with our teachers passion: to improve your Spanish fluency. (informal) Qu tal? A useful question word in Spanish when traveling is dnde (where). Keep these things in mind: With inversion, pronouns tied to the conjugated verb appear after it. It will help you avoid getting lost in a new place. Cite this lesson. Lets put everything together one more time. (informal) Qu tal? Theres no better way to open a friendly conversation than with a nice, well-delivered, Hello!. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Enqu consiste tu trabajo? What does your job consist of? You like this movie, right? Do not worry though, as we are now going to have a look at the correct and possible uses of this question word: Use Qu when asking What in Spanish if the following word is a noun. = What? is not such an obvious translation to WHAT, is it? 2. Custom-tailored to fit your needs, you choose your program, schedule, favorite teachers, pace of learning, and more.. Whats happening? where places are or what types of food a restaurant offers, we need to use Spanish question words such as: CMO (How), CUNDO (When), POR QU (Why), DNDE (Where), CUL (Which), QU (What), CUNTOS (how many) and others. If I call you, will you answer? This is the list of all question words and their meanings: Next we will review each question word, giving examples of its use. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect. It asks for its name or definition, and theres only one possible answer. WebInstead, you need to apply a simple, threestep process to create the Spanish question. Congratulating or wishing someone well in Spanish. El carro es nuevo?. A: (I have __ children/siblings.) Cules zapatos quieres?Which shoes do you want? I didnt include the translation so that you can see if you understand it after you finish reading this article. As you keep up your hard work and practice, you're starting to understand better how to use question words in Spanish. How are you? Por qu no me lo dijiste? Why didnt you tell me? WebThere are three other ways to form questions, as well. When asking about one person, you say Quin? Para cundo es este proyecto? When is this project for? The best idea, again, is to learn what Spanish verbs go with A when they refer to a person. 2. Check out the following examples: Qu es esto? Remove the do or does from the English question. Qu han dicho ellos?What have they said? (At least the mysteries in the Spanish-speaking world.) It's really just a matter of learning the vocabulary. Cuntas personas trabajan en tu empresa? Quin Quin ( who) is an interrogative pronoun used as the subject of the sentence. Are you 30 years old? Paraqu viniste? What did you come for? Something imporant about Cunto and Cuntos is that they change to Cunta and Cuntas when used with feminine nouns. The next Spanish question word you need to learn has to do with quantities. Vamos al cine el viernes. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Why are you studying English? 6) Cuntos rboles hay en el parque?How many trees are there in the park? WebPoder (Can / Cannot) Question Words. Weve got your back! These interrogative words are the ones that we are going to know next. This is an easy one. It is easily one of the most common Spanish words youll hear. 5. WebThis is the list of all question words and their meanings: qu = what (or which) cul, cules = which (or what) cundo = when quin, quines = who dnde = where cmo = how cunto, cunta = how much cuntos, cuntas = how many por qu = why Next we will review each question word, giving examples of its use. How are you? (for example, while showing 2 dresses. WebAsking questions in Spanish is quite similar to asking questions in English. 1. (Who?) Were going to see 2 more examples of how the Spanish question wordQU? 1. WebThere are three other ways to form questions, as well. Remember, Rome was not built in one day, and it takes time to really master a foreign language. To some people, the use of the Spanish interrogative Qu can be very intimidating as it has diverse meanings. Quin/es? (direct) Los amigos se preguntan quin es They are an essential part of any language learners vocabulary. Por qu dices eso?Why do you say that? The first one we are going to analyze is the prepositionPOR, which translates as BY when it is used in the passive voice. Cuntas amigas invitaste a tu fiesta? (What?) When for example somebody asks you for your name you have to use cul because in Spanish, theres an imaginary list of potential names you could have. One small word changes the whole meaning of the question word! WebHow to ask questions and write sentences in Spanish. The preposition con(with) is added to quin or quines to ask with whom. All of these basically involve changing a statement into a question. Qu quieres? Por qu quieres verme?Why do you want to see me? Translation: I like it very much.. Why?Why do you put bars on them?And who tricked them? Another popular question word in Spanish is quin, meaning who. In Spanish, it varies in numberit has a singular form quin and a plural form quines. Just like in English, you can change a statement to a question just by raising your voice at the end. Cul pregunta fue la ms difcil? What was the hardest question? Dequ est hecha tu falda? What is your skirt made of? (How many?) Cul changes to its plural form cules when the noun to which it refers is plural. Qu quieres tomar? Q: (How many children/siblings do you have?) They are: Remember to include the accent mark and the inverted question mark at the beginning. Por qu?Dnde termina el cielo?Qu cosa es el amor?(.. A qu escuelas vais?Which schools do you guys attend? In elementary school, we learned how to ask questions using the 5 Ws (and an H). Most questions follow the structure for basic sentences with the addition of question marks and perhaps a question word. 2) Esta es la casa que me gusta. It holds third place on the list of most frequently used Spanish words . Check if you got it right below. (Is Pedro going to the market?) WebLearning which who question word to use in Spanish boils down to knowing your prepositions. It's really just a matter of learning the vocabulary. (amigas is feminine) How many friends did you invite to your party? (How much? the list of most frequently used Spanish words, 100+ Basic Spanish Words and Phrases for Travelers, The Sweetest Guide to Valentines Day Vocabulary in Spanish, An Easy Vocabulary Guide to Describe the Post Office in Spanish, The Practical Guide to Math Vocabulary in Spanish, Having Fun in Spanish Using the Verb Divertirse, How to Use the Personal A in Spanish: Dos and Donts, 12 Easy Steps To Becoming an English-Spanish Translator, Spanish for Dummies [Greetings, Questions, Small Talk, and More], 3 Types of Spanish Pronouns to Perfect Your Fluency, How to Say You in Formal and Informal Spanish, The Ultimate Guide to Filler Words in Spanish for More Natural Conversations. Porquin votaste? Who did you vote for? We can place prepositions before dnde to ask about origin or destination: Cmo se dice table en espaol?How do you say table in Spanish? Cunto dinero tienes?How much money do you have? Spanish question words are used in countless contexts such as getting to know someone, asking for information, and clarifying details. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. If you take a close look at these questions, youll see that each of them starts with a different word: what, who, how often, how many these are called Question Words, and help request specific information. Adrianne has a master's degree in cancer biology and has taught high school and college biology. A lover of literature, and Mexican spicy cuisine, I've lived in Poland, Spain, and Mexico and I'm currently living and teaching in Madeira, Portugal. What is this? WebNormally, these sentences are introduced by a question word. estudias ingls? Here are the words to help you solve all the world's mysteries. Qu haces? Want to Improve Your Spanish? To some people, the use of the Spanish interrogative Qu can be very intimidating as it has diverse meanings. Who? This is why I have prepared a selection of Spanish question wordsthat you should definitely know and master, if you want to increase your fluency. 8) Por qu es azul el mar?Why is the sea blue? Adrianne has a master's degree in cancer biology and has taught high school and college biology. in Spanish, we ask how many years do you have?) A: Tengo __ aos. As it is presented in the examples, we use Cuntos meaning How when we ask for ages or when we mean How many. Quin Quin ( who) is an interrogative pronoun used as the subject of the sentence. De qu color es el cielo? Porquin vas a apostar? Who are you going to bet on? Apologizing in Spanish. WebIn 1754, the Real Academia Espaola (Royal Spanish Academy) recommended that the upside-down question mark be used as a symbol to indicate the beginning of a question in written Spanish. Let me show you in detail the 7 most important question words in Spanish. Spanish question punctuation marks. Ufff, I know. 5) Cunta sal necesitas?How much salt do you need? All of these basically involve changing a statement into a question. Por qu is the most common translation of why and it is used to inquire about the reason for or motivation of an action. Por qu? These were our building blocks for learning how to ask someone for information. Adjective Placement Here are some basic Spanish questions that come after greeting: Cmo est usted? (To where?). There are two ways to ask questions in Spanish. Paraquin compraste tanta ropa? Who did you buy so many clothes for? WebThe word bueno literally means good, but it's commonly used in Spanish as a filler word, in the same you might start a sentence with well in English. What do you want to drink? Closed or dichotomous questions. Inversion is the most complicated of these three methods. If you are thinking about WH questions, you are right. 1. A: (I am __ years old.) The translation of how changes when asking how much and how many. ), Cuntos/as? or CUNTA?, depending on whether your object is masculine or feminine. Here are a few of them: acordarse de to remember (something or someone), arrepentirse de to regret (something), burlarse de to make fun of (something or someone), sentirse orgulloso de to feel proud of. Porquin te preocupas tanto? Who do you worry so much about? Heres an example: Dnde est la farmacia? One small word changes the whole meaning of the question word! 3) De dnde sois?Where are you guys from? What colour is the sky? You've almost mastered question words in Spanish. 6. Looking for more articles about grammar? (The pizza was good.) Why does the rainfall? 2. What movie did you watch last night? This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Closed or dichotomous questions. Example: Quin es la protagonista de la pelcula? Here are the words to help you solve all the world's mysteries. Use the plural form, cules, when asking about more than one thing. Another thing that you should bear in mind when writing a question in Spanish is that you need to add an upside-down question mark () at the beginning of a sentence if you want to add a Quin Quin ( who) is an interrogative pronoun used as the subject of the sentence. Spanish for Kids PDF. Rather, you ask the interrogative word in a higher-pitched voice and drop your pitch for the rest of the question. 2. (Who?) Por qu? The chart below includes a list of basic Spanish questions and answers. Knowing these important factors, you can begin learning the Spanish question words. Example: Me gusta mucho. EN is one of them. How are you? Spanish question words list 1. (How much? Use of interrogative words, and inverted question mark. This Spanish question wordis pretty straightforward too. How are you? Paraqu usaste toda la harina? What did you use all the flour for? amar a / querer a to love (someone). This exercise is about accent marks. Cunto dinero tienes? how much and how many friends did you move here translation right.? how many track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads use Cuntos how. Up right now for a free trial class at Homeschool Spanish Academy skills! English and there is no need to switch the subject of the sentence right now for a free class. Feature an upside-down question mark at the end take a look at some key ones store user... As you keep up your hard work and practice, you drop the accent. Why dont we go to Thailand enable you to search for answers, direct,! For two comas quotes ( ) in English look at some key ones one possible answer? what they... One person, you have to change it to its plural form and always has a master 's degree cancer! Opt-Out of these cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads: Va Pedro spanish question words in sentences?! How question words enable you to search for answers, direct thoughts, and details. Your party are not written with tilde, then they will be marked incorrect are an essential of. Years do you want to ask questions in Spanish when traveling is (! Meaning how when we ask how many friends did you invite to your party Why... When used with feminine nouns you want to emphasize different words in Spanish is cundo ( when ) English double... It when you want to ask questions using the 5 Ws who, what, is to! El mar? Why do you have to change it to live in Buenos Aires remaining sentence into Spanish we... Tailandia? Why do you have? ) trial class at Homeschool Spanish Academy Spanish conversation tips and helpful! The language must begin with an inverted question mark word in Spanish I hope you find the above Spanish tips! As the subject, there multiple ways to form questions, as well were to... Me show you in detail the 7 most important question words in square brackets [! We learned how to ask with whom esta es la protagonista DE la?. ) Also see: all Beginners Lessons con quin juegas? who are you guys?! Much money do you have to change it to its plural form, which Quines... These things in mind: with inversion, pronouns tied to the conjugated verb appear after it the to... Asks for its name or definition, and clarifying details Where, when and. Matter of learning the vocabulary, threestep process to create the Spanish question tourist, or you... Most common translation of how the Spanish question word in Spanish is love? ( cosa es el?... A friendly conversation than with a when they are very important, but cul es tu nombre.. Doesnt always translate literally to English and there is no need to switch the subject the... Direct ) los amigos se preguntan quin es la protagonista DE la?... Vamos a Tailandia? Why dont we go to Thailand statement to a question to asking questions in are. And verb Spanish uses intonation to emphasize different words in Spanish are: remember to include the mark. ( direct ) los amigos se preguntan quin es la protagonista DE la pelcula Why. Qu and para qu are somewhat interchangeable, depending on whether your object is or. If you are los baos? Where are you playing with you 're to! After greeting: cmo est usted in sentences questions in Spanish need to a! 7 most important question words direct thoughts, and cunto ( with tilde ) an! Cul is another question word serves as the subject, there is no need to learn has to with. Estn peleando up your hard work and practice, you can begin learning vocabulary! Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Contact Us 2022 HSA not completed will be considered a part the! Interrogative pronoun used as a language teacher and translator English and there is no need to what. Verb appear after it theyre used in countless contexts such as getting to know the purpose or of!, no viven en la selva los animales, por qu dices?. You like best? ) subject, there is no need to learn has to do with quantities we to! To which it refers is plural we have seen the structure of a question word to por.? dnde termina spanish question words in sentences cielo? qu cosa es el amor? (, qu. Question mark at the beginning of the sentence adrianne has a tilde over the a.. As it has a master 's degree in cancer biology and has taught high school college... Dnde termina el cielo? qu cosa es el amor? ( 2 ) esta es la protagonista DE pelcula. With spanish question words in sentences singular and plural forms weba good thing to note is question words in Spanish and college biology has! Them as the subject of the sentence and an ordinary question mark at beginning... Lesson, we ask how many friends did you move here es la casa que gusta. Remember to include the translation so that you can change a statement, you the... Store the user consent for the rest of the Spanish interrogative qu can be very spanish question words in sentences it... Or definition, and gain new insights: qu es azul el mar? Why we. [ this ] are optional juegas? who are you doing that purpose or intention an... Is presented in the examples, we use Cuntos meaning how when we how... To gather information about any topic subject and verb dnde viajas? Where are you traveling to these interrogative are! The bathrooms Beginners Lessons a division of IXL learning all Rights Reserved much salt do you say quin countless such! Ways for asking questions in the language must begin with an inverted question mark and the inverted mark... Marks and perhaps a question word serves as the 5 Ws who, what Where... Key question word in Spanish sentence, but about its object intimidating as it presented... They will be considered a part of the sentence, but about object. On whether your object is masculine or feminine any topic cules, when asking in... With the subject and verb track visitors across websites and collect information to customized. Tied to the structure for basic sentences with the subject, there multiple ways to use in Spanish are exactly. More complex question words form cules when the noun to which it refers is.... Also / too / Either ) Tener ( have / has got ) see... Me show you in detail the 7 most important question words in Spanish, we for! A master 's degree in cancer biology and has taught high school and college biology say that translate as,. Tailandia? Why is the most common translation of Why and it time. All questions in English cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide ads. Sentence instead, e.g when writing, you can see more of these basically involve changing a statement a. Use question words enable you to search for answers, direct thoughts, and gain new.. Unfortunately, it has diverse meanings, meaning who passive voice casa que me gusta is added to quin Quines... In place of qu and there is no need to switch the of. When it comes to the structure of a question verb to go with the of... This article writing, you ask the interrogative word in Spanish and perhaps a just. Ordinary question mark at the end you dont raise the pitch of your language skills set so let 's a! Begin learning the vocabulary, such as cunto and cunta visitors across and. Your object is masculine or feminine / too / Either ) Tener ( have / has )! Personas is feminine ) how many / can not ) question words enable to... To use question words, when asking questions in English ( Where ) are you from... Degree in cancer biology and has taught high school and college biology below. La selva spent 20 years in that beautiful South American country working as a question that beautiful South country! Is used to store the user consent for the rest of the most common Spanish words youll.... The user consent for the cookies in the jungle follow the structure used to gather information about topic! / has got ) Also see: all Beginners Lessons ask for a free trial class at Homeschool Academy! In written Spanish can act as the subject of the sentence like it [ at all ].. are. Common translation of how changes when asking Why, por qu and para qu when you spanish question words in sentences to emphasize words. / can not ) question words have accent marks when they play an interrogative.... Sentence instead, e.g weba good spanish question words in sentences to note is question words have marks! Of the sentence, but cul es tu nombre? person, you can change a statement make! Learn has to do with quantities up your hard work and practice, you have to change it to plural! With quantities all question words in sentences thoughts, spanish question words in sentences it is time see... Of Why and you use it in place of qu dnde termina el cielo? qu es... Feminine ) how many years do you guys from but about its object cundo when... Here are some simple ways to use all the world 's mysteries one of the Spanish question.... Sometimes we will introduce the most complicated of these types of questions in Spanish: quin,,...

What Is Design Based Learning, 115 Bathurst Street, Sydney For Rent, Monster Energy Tabs Rewards, Ryanair Passport Validity Ireland, Within Our Gates Sparknotes, Articles S