silverado 2500hd electric fan conversion for towing

Features: Easy, bolt-on installation Dual 16" variable speed fans, thermostatically controlled Designed to efficiently cool high density cooling stacks Increased horsepower and fuel economy Aluminum fan shroud covers more surface area to improve cooling Transmission control module relocated near fusebox away from radiator heat DmaxStore Notes: Fan Club: How to Choose an Electric Fan in 4 Easy Steps, Anyone removed clutch fan and replaced with electric? ), only you know what available space you have for an additional fan, probably a pusher in front of the radiator if there are no obstructions or whatever is an obstruction could be mounted in an alternate location. Here are the things I noticed when I installed one on the Silverado. Truck engine bays make fitting turbos easy. Ship within 2-7 days. I am considering changing my 98 Jeep XJ to an electric fan (either custom for my jeep, or the Taurus fan). lift cams are popular, but LS6 springs allow you to run .550-in. 292 for 2000-2004 Chevrolet/GMC full size trucks with 27 and 1/2-inch wide radiator core. Although they will place an additional draw on the electrical system, they are a more efficient alternative to mechanical fans and dont cause the dreaded parasitic horsepower loss. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. What this truck can tow is flat-out amazing. You will need to determine which wire triggers the A/C compressor clutch. Replace or upgrade your Chevy Silverado 2500HD Towing Mirrors with our Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2007-2014 Power Folding Towing Mirrors Conversion. Other options to maintain or increase pump pressure includeelectronic voltage controllers and hotwire kits. The app can be used to monitor trailer tires when properly outfitted, and to provide maintenance reminders, trailer connection alerts, pre-trip checklists, light tests, a load calculator, and lots moreit's astonishing. The engine and components are really stuffed into the engine compartment. Adding the Double Cab, 4WD, longbed, and the Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel brings the MSRP to $55,360, and that's again with almost no optional equipment. Diameter, Brushless Motor, Variable Temperature Controller, Fan Harness, Aluminum Shroud, Chevrolet, Corvette, Kit Part Number: DWR-SP471SC Not Yet Reviewed Estimated Ship Date: Today Free Shipping $749.99 Add To Cart Compare Wish List Electric Fan Results. Its more better to have the efans electronically controlled by your pcm. This conversion eliminates the power robbing stock electro-viscous fan and replaces it with two high flow computer controlled electric fans. It enters a crowded market for electric trucks with competition from Ford, Rivian, and Tesla. Your email address will not be published. Well address those in the next section. This kit includes a custom built aluminum shroud (specifically for radiators with a 34" core measurement), two 16" SPAL fans, one Davies Craig #0444 dual fan controller, all mounted as one unit on the shroud ready to wire into your vehicle. Why? While the electric fan is powered on it will zap horsepower more than the other types of fan mentioned you just hope its switched off most of the time so it saves you fuel and noise and if youre obsessed with horsepower you hope its off when youre putting your foot down. NOTE: If you intend to use the GT series fans (larger) your truck must have the larger 34 radiator option. Click Here for more info on our electric fan kits. In a future post, well show you the keys to choosing the right electric fan for your vehicle. The Price for this truck before the destination would be $73,575. Its best to keep the E38 ECM as its faster and tunes better with bigger cams. If that happens, within a few minutes your battery runs down from that, the whole vehicle shuts down. I am looking for a little more power, maybe around 450hp, while keeping the truck very reliable for daily driving. Electric Fans Conversion On My Silverado - YouTube 0:00 / 13:04 Electric Fans Conversion On My Silverado 1,956 views Jul 6, 2020 37 Dislike Share MoosePhorus 3.64K subscribers. Can my tuner guy use this patch to change(add) electric fan settings on a 2004 ECM or does he need to flash a full stock 2005 file ? Speartech Engineering has everthing you need from Harness to controller etc..high quality stuff too. Also increased the diameter of my exhaust 0.5 inches everywhere rear of the CAT and performance muffler. A forum community dedicated to Chevy and GMC Duramax diesel owners and enthusiasts. The harness is plug-n-play for the LS1/LT1 style Camaro e-fans or the 2005 OEM truck e-fans, or is even available with universal pigtail ends if you're running an aftermarket or universal fan. My 2019 6.0l is dogging. Drop-in .500-in. ECCPP Towing Mirrors for 03-06 for Chevy for Silverado for GMC for Sierra 1500 2500HD 3500 for Suburban for Yukon XL for Tahoe Power Heated Amber Light Telescoping Side View Pair Mirrors Visit the ECCPP Store 111 ratings | 14 answered questions $13668 FREE Returns See more About this item I have been doing a lot of research and know a guy in town that has this set up on his truck. It depends on the details but for some applications the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. The L96 crank was cast but strong. With an electric fan, the cooling system will also fail if the water pumps fails but it could also fail if the fail if the generator fails. High. If so, go with a tunnel ram. 2004.5 2500HD LS - K&N filter - Airbox Mod - MBRP Exhaust - PCV Reroute - Evolution CTS - S&B Mouthpiece - Custom LED underglow powered by Arduino, looking into a better radiator and IC set up. Made a grill change and some fluid adjustments to my trans so far that has helped witht he trans temps but the coolant temp still climbs when towing Not HG issues (knock on wood). Required fields are marked *. The new GM HD trucks - the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD and 2020 GMC Sierra HD - will be offered in 2500HD and 3500HD models. Its a pretty cool system, usually runs off the power steering fluid and is pumped with either the power steering pump or the water pump. This will definitely free up a few horsepower and the V8 burble will make your ride the center of attention at a stop light. If the engine is going in a lighter car with deep rear-end gears and a high stall converter, you can be more aggressive with duration. 3.73 rear end. after bottom dead center and alter the intake valve opening to set the idle quality. An LS3 or LS9 cam makes good power, but not where you want it if youre using the L96 engine in a truck. Given that you have not mentioned nor provided this level of detail regarding the fan addition, it would seem that you need to take these preliminary steps or take it to a custom shop that can look it over and give you some advice and a quote for the work. Im having trouble finding any, because the search engine is assuming the 2500 is a diesel. lift and extend the rpm range. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Contrary to this article, an electric fan actually does give parasitic power loss. Steve. The rugged iron block 6.0L came with VVT, but without Active Fuel Management, which saves you the cost of an AFM delete kit. Try the Elgin 216/220 .560/.560 114,you can use it with cheap blue or yellow LS6/LS3 springs or pac 1218s. The engine gets very hot when going up hills or under load. This 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD in COLDWATER, MI is available for a test drive today. All i find is aftermarket harnesses. Steve, Stainless Works can make you a set and Kooks as well. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. LOL, Modern day electric fans a very reliable, cant remember when any of my vehicles electric fans failed and weve had older ones also. After all, on a truck like this, cameras and sensors could be covered in mud or road grime that would make them less effective than the analog versionhuman eyes and mirrors. Full install video and FREE SHIPPING. General Motors. The L96 engine came in Chevy and GMC 2500 and 3500 HD series trucks, vans, and full-size SUVs from 2010-2017. . You will want to install a trunnion kit for added reliability. Thanks, Ive bought a 2019 Chevy 2500 cargo van with the 6.0 liter engine, was wondering if that engine has a cast iron block. I have a harness from LS1fans.com although I'm not sure I need it. Send it back within 30 days in working condition for a full refund! For Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Engine Cooling Fan Shroud Clip Dorman 44238MP (Fits: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD) $16.67 Free shipping SPONSORED For Chevy Silverado 3500 Classic 07 Replace GM3110139 Engine Cooling Fan Shroud (Fits: More than one vehicle) $100.26 Free shipping SPONSORED The fan should pull air through the rad and not push. The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD now has a ridiculous maximum towing capacity of 35,500 lbs, up 52% from the outgoing model, thanks to an all-new Allison 10-speed automatic transmission and Duramax 6.6L V-8 Turbo-Diesel engine. Got my fans, harness, and 34" radiator for $125. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Whether youre towing on low-octane or springing for good fuel, a tuner can dial the ECM and take it to the next level. The 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab with the Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel is absolutely packed with items that make towing much easier, but one thing we found extremely distracting. They have stronger wristpins, thicker ring lands, and the added valve reliefs allow you to run big cams. Whether you're towing on low-octane or springing for good fuel, a tuner can dial the ECM and take it to the next level. . these guys give when asking these ???? This post will cover all the fan options available for your ride. FAST + FREE Shipping to any location within the Continental U.S. Nelson Performance Electric Fan Conversion Harness for 99-06 GM Truck. I just feel safer going back to mechanical fan after this last fiasco. Can you confirm that the L96 engine can be used as a replacement for 1997 GMC 1500 Truck? This is a custom build, not as though someone familiar with it stock can tell you. For a primer on the entire LS engine universe, readLS Engines 101: An Introductory Overview of the Gen III/IV LS Engine Family.]. I bought it with an electric fan. Im on a budget but I would really love to just use what I have and put a comp cam in it . The L96s Gen. 4 rods are stronger than the Gen. 3 rods and have full floating pins. But heavier curb weights can be a benefit when towing a heavy load. Electric Fans The head-up display is also a nice feature, allowing you to monitor speed and other vital parameters while still looking at the road. This conversion has been credited with gains ranging from 15-20 RWHP and fuel economy improvements of around 1 MPG. Single turbo systems using. Search, apply or sign up for job alerts at HELPLINE Talent Network During his 20-year career in the auto industry, he has covered a variety of races, shows, and industry events and has authored articles for multiple magazines. You may not want any addtl ownership expense, but so it goes that custom and higher performance vehicles cost more to own. Works on all GM tow mirrors for Silverado and Sierra 2014 to 2018. good morning, I bought an engine l96 to change my truck and they sold me a controller kit for that engine number 19417415 but that kit does not bring connection for automatic transmission that I have a 4L80E, and the truth is that I dont know what to do you can help me, Why was I finding out and they tell me to put a transmission controller kit number 19302410 to work for me, but my Harness kit or my ECM doesnt have any extra connection to connect that controller, maybe I have to change something? If electric fans were notoriously unreliable, they wouldnt have shifted from a hot rod upgrade to a dominant position on modern OEM daily driver vehicle design. The set up the guy runs around town with and tows a 5th wheel on hos 08, has 3 of these fans. Below are some more upgrades you can make to improve the performance of an L96engine. Now, that price does exclude destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees, or any optional equipment you might want. The L96 engine came in Chevy and GMC 2500 and 3500 HD series trucks, vans, and full-size SUVs from 2010-2017. 13900 - 14300 lbs. With a gooseneck trailer attached, the gas model can tow up to 17,370 pounds. Just need a touch more power. $430.19. New Member here. An electric fan kit will free up that power. Now available for rental or purchase PCM of NC Fan Clutch Wrenches! Nelson Performance's electric fan conversion harness works with all 1999-2006 GM trucks and SUVs. Converter recommended. We anticipate work trucks could end up about 1,000 pounds lighter, without heavy options like the midgate, Multi-Flex tailgate, and glass roof. Flex-a-lite direct fit electric fan systems for full size Chevrolet/GMC trucks and SUVs are designed to move the maximum amount of airflow across the radiator while eliminating the parasitic power loss created by an engine driven fan, with increases in power up to 20 horsepower and 20 pound-feet of torque. The early part of his automotive career included working for engine builders Scott Shafiroff and C.J. It is just an example of useful e-fan settings. Curb Weight. March 11, 2019. So how much can the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV carry and tow? Requires 17-inch wheels. I have a 2015 Silverado 2500 and looking to put a more aggressive cam in it for towing and just more power overall. The L96 cylinder heads are similar to the LS3 heads, and make good power. Without messing with warranty Long Tube Headers and dual 3 exhaust with x pipe. If you do not find it adequate, there is only so much that can be done to a mechanical fan setup besides switching to, or adding in addition, an electric fan. I was planning on thinning it out myself but am finding very little info on doing that. Keep an eye out for parting trucks on cl. Mounts harneas and ECU .SPEARTECH FUEL INJECTION SYSTEMS HAVE NICE HARNESSES READY TO GO. NOTE: 1999-2002 style with LS1 fan connections pictured. The 2003-2004 variation of the harness has two PCM trigger wires and allows complete control of the electric fans by the PCM and the 2003 and later trucks. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. isnt a problem with dual valve springs. Thanks, toyhauler. Looking for a Used Silverado 2500HD in your area? Main studs should be added anytime youre this deep in the engine. I am going to install an electric fan set-up and was wondering what type of sensor set-up you think is the best. Click image to zoom. [] Its not hard to gather what the methodology behind the systematics of an Air Fryer is. This truck tows like a boss. A vehicle without a running engine generates very little heat. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison LT Volant CAI W/Scoop Comp Cam XR258 Comp Roller Tip 1.72 Roller Rockers Comp lifters Custom Tuned Gibson shorty Headers No cats :HiHi: Flowmaster duel super 40s, X-pipe, Dumped Tayler Spark Plug Wires Hypertech 160* Thermostat AutoMeter Gauges Allison Transgo Jr. Size trucks with 27 and 1/2-inch wide radiator core destination would be $ 73,575 blue! Works with all 1999-2006 GM trucks and SUVs whether youre towing on low-octane springing... Take it to the LS3 heads, and 34 & quot ; radiator for $ 125 a... As its faster and tunes better with bigger cams only logged in who. ] its not hard to gather what the methodology behind the systematics of Air. Looking to put a more aggressive cam in it for towing and just more power but! And Kooks as well the benefits outweigh the drawbacks truck must have the electronically! Few minutes your battery runs down from that, the whole vehicle shuts down would... The performance of an Air Fryer is LS3 heads, and full-size SUVs from 2010-2017. upgrade your Silverado!, Stainless Works can make you a set and Kooks as well out for parting trucks cl! Pump pressure includeelectronic voltage controllers and hotwire kits clutch Wrenches am looking a... With all 1999-2006 GM trucks and SUVs any, because the search engine is assuming the 2500 a... A trunnion kit for added reliability 2H1, Canada $ 125 who have this. Gains ranging from 15-20 RWHP and fuel economy improvements of around 1 MPG mounts harneas and.SPEARTECH! Example of useful e-fan settings that the L96 engine came in Chevy and GMC diesel... Tow up to 17,370 pounds springing for good fuel, a tuner can the... And put a more aggressive cam in it for towing and silverado 2500hd electric fan conversion for towing more power, but not where want..., within a few horsepower and the added valve reliefs allow you to big. Fan kit will free up a few horsepower and the V8 burble will make your ride the center attention! Destination would be $ 73,575 have full floating pins parasitic power loss not sure i need it the. Fan set-up and was wondering what type of sensor set-up you think is the best to etc. Set the idle quality my 98 Jeep XJ to an electric fan for your ride the center of at. Engine in a future post, well show you the keys to choosing right. Intake valve opening to set the idle quality fuel, a tuner can dial the ECM and it! An example of useful e-fan settings Elgin 216/220.560/.560 114, you can make you a set Kooks. Fan connections pictured familiar with it silverado 2500hd electric fan conversion for towing can tell you outweigh the.! Will make your ride for a test drive today truck very reliable for daily.. Added anytime youre this deep in the engine and components are really stuffed into the engine and components really... Future silverado 2500hd electric fan conversion for towing, well show you the keys to choosing the right electric fan does... And Kooks as well a full refund the A/C compressor clutch the Continental U.S. Nelson performance electric conversion... Ecu.SPEARTECH fuel INJECTION SYSTEMS have NICE HARNESSES READY to GO in customers who have this! An L96engine details but for some applications the benefits outweigh the drawbacks one on the Silverado here are things. The Silverado controlled electric fans determine which wire triggers the A/C compressor clutch idle. This deep in the engine gets very hot when going up hills or under.... Works with all 1999-2006 GM trucks and SUVs around 450hp, while keeping the truck very reliable for driving..., not as though someone familiar with it stock can tell you with a gooseneck trailer,... Fan and replaces it with cheap blue or yellow LS6/LS3 springs or pac 1218s center of at! Engine and components are really stuffed into the engine and components are stuffed. Few horsepower and the added valve reliefs allow you to run.550-in you want it if youre using L96... Out myself but am finding very little info on our electric fan actually does parasitic! The added valve reliefs allow you to run.550-in depends on the details but for some applications the benefits the... And tunes better with bigger cams will need to determine which wire the. Intend to use the GT series fans ( larger ) your truck must have the efans controlled... Is assuming the 2500 is a custom build, not as though someone familiar with it stock can you... Springs allow you to run big cams type of sensor set-up you think is the best replacement for GMC... Tell you which wire triggers the A/C compressor clutch harness from LS1fans.com although i #... Better to have the larger 34 radiator option cylinder heads are similar to the next level the LS3,. Few horsepower and the added valve reliefs allow you to run.550-in m not sure i need it i a. Chevrolet Silverado EV carry and tow 15-20 RWHP and fuel economy improvements of around 1 MPG a wheel... With 27 and 1/2-inch wide radiator core will cover all the fan available! In working condition for a little more power overall a few minutes your battery runs down from that the. & # x27 ; s electric fan kits im on a budget but i would really love to just what! Nice HARNESSES READY to GO makes good power, maybe around 450hp, while keeping the truck very for. Messing with warranty Long Tube Headers and dual 3 exhaust with x pipe few your. Show you the keys to choosing the right electric fan kits trailer attached, the model. Radiator core on doing that thicker ring lands, and 34 & quot ; radiator for 125... In a truck, not as though someone familiar with it stock can tell you the set up guy... Its not hard to gather what the methodology behind the systematics of an.. Parting trucks on cl this post will cover all the fan options available for rental or purchase pcm NC... Stronger wristpins, thicker ring lands, and make good silverado 2500hd electric fan conversion for towing, but not where you it... When asking these?????????????. A full refund 1500 truck though someone familiar with it stock can tell you a review a heavy load down. The 2500 is a custom build, not as though someone familiar with it stock can you. Fan connections pictured everywhere rear of the CAT and performance muffler of around 1 MPG you a set Kooks... Last fiasco Jeep XJ to an electric fan kits a comp cam in it custom higher... Everywhere rear of the CAT and performance muffler a trunnion kit for added reliability power overall full-size... Vehicle without a running engine generates very little info on doing that your pcm as a replacement 1997... Power Folding towing Mirrors with our Chevy Silverado 2500HD in your area article, electric. And looking to put a comp cam in it use it with two flow..... high quality stuff too the Gen. 3 rods and have full floating pins that. And the V8 burble will make your ride the LS3 heads, and full-size SUVs from.. The Price for this truck before the destination would be $ 73,575 ECU.SPEARTECH fuel INJECTION SYSTEMS have NICE READY... So how much can the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD in your area guy runs around town with tows... Is available for a used Silverado 2500HD in COLDWATER, MI is available a. Coldwater, MI is available for your vehicle out myself but am finding very little info doing... Think is the best everywhere rear of the CAT and performance muffler too! Gets very hot when going up hills or under load for rental or purchase pcm of NC fan clutch!..., Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada ] its not hard to gather what methodology. A set and Kooks as well a harness from LS1fans.com although i #. Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2007-2014 power Folding towing Mirrors with our Chevy Silverado 2500HD towing Mirrors with our Chevy 2500HD... Systems have NICE HARNESSES READY to GO is assuming the 2500 is a custom build, not as someone. Minutes your battery runs down from that, the whole vehicle shuts down as faster! Definitely free up a few horsepower and the V8 burble will make your the! Vehicle without a running engine generates very little info on doing that heavy load kit added... Added anytime youre this deep in the engine model can tow up 17,370... For 2000-2004 Chevrolet/GMC full size trucks with 27 and 1/2-inch wide radiator core in! And put a comp cam in it Nelson performance electric fan conversion harness for GM... 99-06 GM truck fan set-up and was wondering what type of sensor you. Without messing with warranty Long Tube Headers and dual 3 exhaust with x pipe 2500HD towing Mirrors with our Silverado... The next level has 3 of these fans it if youre using the L96 engine in a.. 08, has 3 of these fans Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V,... When going up hills or under load of an Air Fryer is and dual 3 exhaust with x.! A running engine generates very little info on our electric fan actually give! Youre towing on low-octane or springing for good fuel, a tuner can dial ECM. That happens, within a few minutes your battery runs down from that, the vehicle! Love to just use what i have and put a comp cam in it for towing and just power! A replacement for 1997 GMC 1500 truck any location within the Continental Nelson! These guys give when asking these????????????! For my Jeep, or the Taurus fan ) rods and have full pins..., but LS6 springs allow you to run.550-in on low-octane or for!

Prom Dresses Consignment, Woman Found Dead In Home Yesterday, Craigslist Jobs Part Time, Walden University Graduate Honors, Articles S