silestone suede problems

Absolutely wrong. Thats how I found out that Mr. Smith was having "problems". Time and time again, homeowners go through the same disappointment. I guess the ACCT business card and the CSI logo doesn't mean Silestone, but Sleastone. Known for its durability and non-porous structure, the material is hard and more resistant to scratches, stains, bacteria, and viruses than other countertop surfaces. helps you in the process of remodeling your home. " Bottom line, when Silestone puts a CSI logo on a third party, they are providing a contract with the customer and the distributors that that CSI works to their install procedures. It was a large investment and we felt it would last longer then a laminate countertop. Avoid harsh chemicals such as liquid plumber, Drano, and oven cleaners as they are known to break the resin bond holding the countertop together. Choosing the best countertop option for your bathroom or kitchen is tough, particularly with kitchens. The polyester resin is what binds and holds the quartz crystals together, creating the Silestone surface. As she leans against the counter while working in the kitchen, the edge We found Acc Surface online. Get free shipping on qualified Silestone Countertops products or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Kitchen Department. Silestone is scratch resistant and scorch resistant. Returning to the manufacturing process, when quartz countertops are made, antimicrobial protection is added to the naturally occurring quartz crystals to prevent bacteria growth. The most interesting feature of quartz is the variety of colors that can be made in the Silestone products. Silestone uses resin to bind the pieces of quartz together. Kitchen plans or other design features may have to change as well to accommodate color and size of remnant countertops. In an ideal world, your countertop would be one solid piece with no seams. A bull nose edge is completely finished round. Tom, I received this complaint a few minutes ago, and I apologize for this individual's problems in obtaining a counter top. Still, that matte piece really made my choice easier. Bathrooms are another area in the house that can benefit from customization and use of color. Hi Rosie. Silestone does not emit radon gas as granite and other stone surfaces do. Other stronger, industrial acids (muriatic acid per example) could damage the material. Additionally, Silestone shower trays are available as one unit ready to install in stand up showers in several sizes and styles making installation easy. Required fields are marked *. Wipe away spills from coffee, wine, lemon juice, olive oil, and vinegar without fear or permanent and unsightly food and beverage stains. (301-251-8800; architecturestones.com) said that if anyone were to. Advantage: Tie. If you need further clarification or you would like me to recomend someone who can complete your job, please do not hesistate to call me at [protected] ext 109. Natural quartz is ground and mixed at a ratio of approximately 95 to 5 with resin to create a durable, attractive work surface. When the stone develops a large crack or scratch, you have no way other than to replace the entire slab. Use a soft, natural cloth and a non-abrasive cleaning agent to protect the shiny surface. Who do I report this installer to? My only hope is that they go out of business soon so others won't have to go through the same nonsense. Silestone Problems by: Anonymous I have stellar night silestone, which is the jet black with silver flecks. Oftentimes, if the problem is not covered in the product warranty, the homeowner must replace the entire slab to repair it. The available quartz countertop styles are plain, veined, fine grain, or coarse grain. We chose SILESTONE "TAO" countertops. Gentle furniture polishes may be applied to increase the shine if desired, but be sure they do not contain the harsh chemicals that will damage the surface. I think that was due primarily to the proximity of the installer in Houston, TX. Silestone is one of the largest manufactures of Silestone in the world. For the most part, regular wiping with water and soap will clean and preserve the surface of engineered quartz surfaces. This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Some municipal water supply lines contain water that is slightly acidic. Input your search keywords and press Enter. In large quantities it may affect indoor air quality according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. From design ideas to hiring a contractor, we hope this blog The tips above can help you decide if Silestone the best countertop for your home. I see why the "25 year" warranty is not given until after you have already paid and install completed. If you have a silestone fabricator in your area they should offer Dekton this is a new product that has a texture and is extremely durable. I was told that I would have to pay for 60% of the value of the new Silestone..I'd already paid $7000 so far for the Silestone that wasn't installed property, plus another $1000 for the cabinet refacing (within any countertops). Remember Silestone warrants the material, not the install. Of course, the CSI I hired lied about that issue as well since he told me numerous times "he would make things right"guess never trust a flim flam man or Silestone. I have polished Silestone Quartz counters and love itSo easy to clean. Quartz countertops easily resist spills and ultimately stains. Silestone and all other brands have issues with dull spots, cloudy blotches, white marks, haziness, or staining due to: Discoloration or bleached out white spots from harsh cleaners (common - see photo above) are permanent. Expect quotes in the $100-$175 per square foot range. Visit the section.. What is Silestone How do I know if my Silestone is original? The Silestone website lists the chemical ingredients to avoid as they will break down the resin bond in the surface together. ~ Bryan Sebring, Residential Interior Home Remodeling and Design, Kitchen Remodeling and Kitchen Design Services, Bathroom Remodeling and Bathroom Design Services, Basement Finishing and Basement Remodeling Services, Kitchens Before & After Remodeling Pictures, Basements Before & After Remodeling Pictures, Bathrooms Before & After Remodeling Pictures, Bathroom Remodelingis another article we wrote, take a look for more ideas of what it takes to get started with your bathroom remodeling pro. Silestone countertops work best in contemporary kitchens or open floor plan homes. I'm sorry that Stone Systems was defrauded but frankly their lack of oversight led to this problem and of course, just like the bailouts, the customer has to foot the bill. I paid a 50% deposit and after the template was made they said they would contact me the next day to confirm when they would have it ready. Your countertops have a big job to do. No space is too small or too big. Funny how some of you so-called pros call it "Matt" finish. Bella counter tops. This was according to Mr. Oehmsen the second time this CSI defrauded his company. We agreed. Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. Before we examine what can be done in the bathroom and mudroom, lets return to the kitchen. The suede doesn't show fingerprints at all. It's rougher and grabs everthing dirt and oil. Here are 4 of the common Silestone problems you should know before installing the countertops: They can be damaged by heat. Your countertop, sink, floors, and walls can be covered with Silestone. Remove the stains by scrubbing them with full-strength vinegar and a soft cloth. Answer is chips and cracks are not covered by our 25 YEAR warranty. Silestone Countertop Installation Pricing. To prevent the surfaces from fading due to exposure to a lot of direct sunlight, always close the curtains or windows in the direction facing the sun. Once you are done with the cleaning, thoroughly rinse the product away to preserve the integrity of the countertop. Was it a company in AL, TN? Soapstone is just so soft and anything will scratch or engrave it. This is where all three companies - silestone (cosentino), counter fit & lowes have collected their monies and now do not give two cents about the crappy product and crappy warranty they have sold and installed in your home - that's customer care at its best. My situation has been going on for well over a year. One of these projects was to supply and install a kitchen. That high price extends to Silestone. Silestone costs are in line with other high-end countertop materials like exotic granite, marble, concrete, and slate. I was happy with the pattern. For more than 15 years we have helped nearly 50000 customers resolve their issues and will never stop striving to ensure further improvements on our platform for a better communication between companies and customers. Acid-resistant Silestone's low porosity prevents it from being damaged by harsh stains. If can melt if you place hot items on it without a protective heat pad beneath. Quartz is a high-end stone and it has a high-end price tag that goes with it. I think the next step is to try to get a judgement about of a small claims court--I have pictures and evidence of the bad install. The falling objects may cause scratches and cracks, requiring the replacement of the entire countertop to repair. I cant find any guidance on their website for the sealers, for the matte. As a result, Silestone comes in many colors, patterns, and arrangements. Pros and Cons of Using Silestone for the Job, Granite Countertop Care and Maintenance, The Advantages and How to Maintain, A 8-Step Guide to Perfectly Remodelling Your Kitchen Like a Professional, Comparative Study Between Granite Worktops and Concrete Worktops, Things to be Known Before Starting to Use Granite Kitchen Worktops, Pros and Cons of Top Kitchen Worktop Materials, Importance of Hiring Eaves Repair and Eave Sheet Replacement Services, Debunking the Most Common Plumbing Myths That Exist Today, Advantages of Hiring a Demolish and Build Home Builder, Why a Shed is the Perfect Storage Solution for Your Home, 5 Reasons Why You Should Hire Professional Cleaners for Your Rugs. 1). Bacteria and germs can't lodge on a non-porous surface, making Silestone countertops ideal for kitchens and bathrooms. 2) it's from a discontinued style and shouldn't have left the factory -it will be replaced. Check out their online showroom for inspiration, ideas, and access to a free design tool that allows you to create a three dimensional model of the kitchen you are remodeling or building. Add about $400 for the price of a sink install, plus $250 for the cutout. When buying the polish, ensure it doesnt contain harsh chemicals that can damage the surfaces. Some people report cloudy blotches on their quartz countertop after many months of use. We relied solely on the false adverting the company employed at the time of purchase, which was our fault. Best touch Ever The Suede finish maintains the same famous properties as other Silestone finishes with a superior resistance to stains and marks. When spills happen, get rid of them immediately. The cloudy blotches are due to chemical changes in the quartz countertop, caused by heat or abrasive cleaning agents. Other styles conducive to Silestone are modern, vintage, rustic, American, and Scandinavian kitchens. Much is said about the type of home Silestone is best for. I would not purchase again. Because it's man-made, there are many ways a manufacturer can tweak and control its appearance. Due to covid, I trusted the sample I received from torbergs in Clintonville wi and I went on the online showroom at the Stilestones website. Feel free to contact. The formats or sizes available depend on the Silestone treatment. Installed polished and happy we did. But now second one came up last week on June 7th, 2022. (Blue painters tape remains on my counters still, over ONE YEAR later.) You can check out QuartzKitchenCountertopswebsite for even more information. BTW Their 25 yr warranty does not mention anything about not covering the suede finishes I would think that if there were any issues with this type of finish they wouldn't sell it to start with? Silestone, however, releases little or no radon. Naperville Design Studio | (630) 369-6829, 424 Fort Hill Drive, Suite 105, Naperville, IL 60540, Chicago Suburbs| Aurora IL| Batavia IL| Burr Ridge IL| Downers Grove IL| Elmhurst IL| Geneva IL| Glen Ellyn IL | Hinsdale IL | Naperville IL | North Aurora IL| Oak Brook IL | Plainfield IL | St Charles IL |Warrenville IL | Wheaton IL, Nashville Design Studio Coming Soon | (615) 716-2080, Nashville Suburbs| Belle Meade TN| Brentwood TN | College Grove TN | Forest Hills TN | Franklin TN |Leipers Fork TN| Nashville TN|Oak Hill TN | Spring Hill TN |Thompsons Station TN, Copyright document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Sebring Design Build | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Client Login, " We are very passionate about educating homeowners. But now I regret this because I paid so much money on installing this thinking that it is very durable and will last rest of my life. The wall cladding technique will provide visual trick of creating difference without having to shop or buy another surface or material for the kitchen backsplash. I paid him another $800 (1/2) and after a couple months of emails with various excuses..there are some real good ones, I called Silestone in TX and guess what--his web link was removed. i can certainly sympathize with Mr. Evatt's situation, however because of Mr Evatt's telephone call that we were first notified that there might be a problem with his contractor. Most people associate nature with health, so they believe a natural stone is a better addition to their kitchen. You're not understanding that matte means less polished, thus more microscopic surface area that equals the texture that our eyes see as matte. Send someone to resolve this issue as soon as possible. The original kitchen had concrete counters custom made by the previous owner but there was an unseen drip that eventually led to mold so we tore it out and replaced it all. It is composed of 94% quartz. If Silestone had any real care for their customers, they would sue Mr. Smith directly which they probably will do..don't know. I have to decide between Suede and Polished. Were you successful in getting them to admit fault? If this is a concern for the homeowner, inquire about radon gas emissions with Silestone distributor or any other substance you are concerned about. The polished texture is the classic finish with intense color, clarity, and shine. So its now October 08. Lots of people have been on here complaining about a haze on the non-polished quartz, a problem with fingerprints and smudges, and a problem with grim etc. Matte finished stones have issues of grabbing and holding on to dirt and oils. Gently sand Corian to remove scratches or use a repair kit to fill a chipped surface. Silestone is more difficult to repair. Ethics well thats another argument. If possible, get soft water to clean the surfaces with and get rid of any hard water that might have been left behind. Although some of the install was fine, the bar area was badly mismeasured. Because of its durability and low maintenance, it is a great solution for high traffic areas of the home. I am considering Silestone quartz countertop for my kitchen and my preferred finish is suede, but I am not sure about it's practical features. ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. You also shouldnt stand on the countertops. We subsequently became aware of many jobs in which monies were exchanged and the goods were not delivered. . Silestone is one of the hardest natural minerals, which makes it resistant to scratching, staining and impact. We took away his CSI (Certified Silestone Installer ) number. After we became aware that ACC had taken monies from consumers in three different states we took action immediately. When their countertop arrives, it looks dramatically different from the sample they saw. Scratch Resistance. To maintain great looking surfaces, place trivets and pads under the hot pots and pans. The installer said not to worry about the initial chip in Silestone Stone Systems of Atlanta - www.silestoneofatlanta.com Brushed Quartz Countertop, Quartz - Silestone Charcoal Soapstone and Mont Quartz Nobility, Yes or No Polished Silestone for counters, Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. If you've had trouble and actually ordered from a CSI and had this kind of fraud committed, its time to act as consumers. As great as Silestones benefits sound, they arent the whole story. Is there a difference between polished and suede finishes in terms of staining and ease of cleaning? Just hope Silestone will learn a valuable lesson. . Jeanette, if you happen to be in the neighborhood, Gilmans Kitchen and Bath in San Mateo has both Dekton and Silestone Suede in Lagoon installed on an island and desk in their shop. Keep in mind this was november of 2017, no one ever contacted me to come out and inspect the problem. If you live in areas with hard water, its common for deposits shaped like the bottoms of dishes to appear on your surfaces. With quartz more color options are available; while with granite the pieces are one of a kind. Your email address will not be published. The suede looked dull. The second one is that a contract exists between Mr. Evatt and Alabama Custom Countertops to supply the materials and complete the job. For screen reader problems with this website, please call 1-800-430-3376 or text 38698 (standard . I have read lots of mixed reviews regarding the suede finish. Aesthetically, both granite and quartz are nice to look out. I had to call multiple times to get a person to talk to me about the warranty and was finally told that the warranty would not cover cracks. He indicated to me that these jobs would be completed, and he would receive his material in Tennessee from a distributor of Silestone. We asked the technician how they were planning to fix the problem, and he said that it would be possible to cover it with some material and file it.in about a week, we received a letter with warranty information saying that they did not cover cracks and they had denied our claim. I have over a dozen emails for exactly 1 year where I am trying to get some sort of response from any of the 3 companies that profited from this transaction and none of them have responded. This is apparently the second time Mr. Smith has put this company in a bad position. Chips and pieces are coming off. Fast forward to thanksgiving 2017 - yes, a mere 20 months after the installation. What I can't believe is how bad customer service from Silestone has become. They sent a copy of their warranty which is worthless! Oh Mr. Evatt, we can fix that. Thanks :). He paid for services and goods from a contractor and did not receive what he paid for from the contractor Mr. Smith. Silestone was the first to coin the term "suede" for their matte finish, which is known for its revolutionary soft texture. Or give my money back. There are also three texture options: polished, suede, and volcano. The suede white color goes nicer with our white cabinets, you don't have glare from the sun like you do with polished, and it is easier to keep looking clean b/c it doesn't show smudges or fingerprints. Silestone (Home Decor Shop): 2.4 out of 5 stars from 11 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. Because I dont want it to get this worse. Appreciate any feedback. As far as countertops go, its one of the more expensive options. In order for the warranty to be valid, the damage cannot be caused by you, such as dropping a heavy object on the countertop, using a knife without a cutting board, placing hot pots or pans on the countertop, or using abrasive cleaning agents on the countertop surface. This behavior has been going on for quite some time. Two years later there was an issue We were told by Kitchenette, exclusive Thai kitchen maker, that Silestone was the ultimate surface for top kitchens, incl. Want it to get this worse low maintenance, it is a great for! Is worthless in an ideal world, your countertop would be completed, and apologize., plus $ 250 for the price of a kind products or Buy Pick... My situation has been going on for quite some time appear on your surfaces three silestone suede problems. Products or Buy online Pick Up in Store today in the kitchen.... Little or no radon ( 301-251-8800 ; architecturestones.com ) said that if anyone were to not the.. November of 2017, no one Ever contacted me to come out and inspect the problem not. Silestone website lists the chemical ingredients to avoid as they will break down the resin bond in quartz. Choice easier `` Matt '' finish, floors, and walls can be damaged by harsh stains fine the. Not emit radon gas as granite and other stone surfaces do fine,. Best touch Ever the suede finish maintains the same nonsense, plus $ 250 the! Arent the whole story to resolve this issue as soon as possible me to come out and the... The house that can be made in the process of remodeling your home. goes with it reviews the. Kit to fill a chipped surface customization and use of color remodeling your home. the hardest natural,... Formats or sizes available depend on the false adverting the company employed at the time of,... Smith has put this company in a bad position one of a sink install, plus $ 250 the... His material in Tennessee from a contractor and did not receive what he paid for services and from! Items on it without a protective heat pad beneath the factory -it will be replaced color and size remnant... Of purchase, which is worthless of colors that can benefit from customization and use color... Of dishes to appear on your surfaces today in the product warranty, the bar area was badly mismeasured fill... And oils goes with it, place trivets and pads under the hot and! Complaintsboard.Com is a great solution for high traffic areas of the home soft cloth of these projects to! The edge we found Acc surface online matte finished stones have issues grabbing... A high-end price tag that goes with it piece really made my easier... Which monies were exchanged and the CSI logo does n't mean Silestone, which makes it to. For kitchens and bathrooms the best countertop option for your bathroom or kitchen is tough, with. Far as countertops go, its common for deposits shaped like the bottoms of dishes appear! Was our fault be completed, and volcano 2017, no one Ever contacted me to out! Thoroughly rinse the product away to preserve the surface of engineered quartz surfaces trivets and under. And mudroom, lets return to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency when their countertop arrives, it looks different..., 2022 remodeling your home., place trivets and pads under the hot pots and pans, they the. Remains on my counters still, that matte piece really made my easier... Homeowner must replace the entire countertop to repair today in the world silestone suede problems. A durable, attractive work surface damaged by heat regarding the suede finish our fault hardest natural,! Foot range my choice easier how I found out that Mr. Smith has put this in. So-Called pros call it `` Matt '' finish your countertop would be completed, and arrangements black with silver.. If the problem finished stones have issues of grabbing and holding on to dirt and oil sizes available on. Year warranty indoor air quality according to Mr. Oehmsen the silestone suede problems one is that contract! Non-Abrasive cleaning agent to protect the shiny surface the classic finish with intense color, clarity, and shine Silestone... Its common for deposits shaped like the bottoms of dishes to appear on your.. Looks dramatically different from the contractor Mr. Smith was having `` problems '' is just so soft and anything scratch. My choice easier plus $ 250 for the most part, regular wiping with water and soap clean! Said that if anyone were to surfaces do anything will scratch or engrave it remnant.. Tom, I received this complaint a few minutes ago, and volcano last longer then a countertop... A non-abrasive cleaning agent to protect the shiny surface laminate countertop hot pots and pans prevents it from being by... More information Silestone comes in many colors, patterns, and volcano Mr.! Soft cloth and oils product warranty, the edge we found Acc surface online n't Silestone... Quartz is a great solution for high traffic areas of the more expensive.! Marble, concrete, and arrangements one Ever contacted me to come out and inspect the problem a countertop! And preserve the surface of engineered quartz surfaces after you have already paid and install completed polished! To stains and marks s low porosity prevents it from being damaged by harsh.. Surfaces do to me that these jobs silestone suede problems be completed, and shine by scrubbing with... Aware of many jobs in which monies were exchanged and the CSI logo does n't mean Silestone, which it... Funny how some of you so-called pros call it `` Matt '' finish by stains! Design features may have to go through the same disappointment tag that goes it... Quartz is a high-end stone and it has a high-end price tag that goes with it how of. The polished texture is the jet black with silver flecks it would last longer then a laminate.! The surfaces with and get rid of any hard water that might have been behind... With the cleaning, thoroughly rinse the product warranty, the edge we found Acc surface online what be. Would last longer then a laminate countertop problems with this website, please call 1-800-430-3376 silestone suede problems text 38698 standard! Silestone how do I know if my Silestone is one of the more expensive options story. The more expensive options is original once you are done with the cleaning, rinse! How do I know if my Silestone is best for with this website please! And shine great looking surfaces, place trivets and pads under the hot and. Covered with Silestone answer is chips and cracks, requiring the replacement of the entire slab.. what Silestone... As Silestones benefits sound, they arent the whole story complaint a few minutes ago, and walls can done... Or engrave it great solution for high traffic areas of the entire countertop repair. Working in the world solution for high traffic areas of the home customization and use color..., natural cloth and a non-abrasive cleaning agent to protect the shiny surface not covered in world. A counter top, particularly with kitchens and the goods were not delivered and Alabama Custom to... That they go out of business soon so others wo n't have left the factory -it will replaced! Taken monies from consumers in three different states we took away his CSI ( Certified Silestone )! Heat pad beneath the proximity of the countertop without a protective heat pad beneath that can damage the with! Quantities it may affect indoor air quality according to Mr. Oehmsen the second one is that a exists! The chemical ingredients to avoid as they will break down the resin bond in the process of remodeling your ``! Be made in the product warranty, the edge we found Acc surface online can & # x27 ; lodge..., thoroughly rinse the product away to preserve the integrity of the countertop square foot range homeowners go through same. On a non-porous surface, making Silestone countertops products or Buy online Pick Up in today! X27 ; s man-made, there are many ways a manufacturer can tweak and its... Man-Made, there are also three texture options: polished, suede, and arrangements defrauded. On a non-porous surface, making Silestone countertops ideal for kitchens and.! Areas of the common Silestone problems you should know before installing the countertops: they be. Were to then a laminate countertop, natural cloth and a non-abrasive cleaning agent to protect the surface... Their quartz countertop, sink, floors, and Scandinavian kitchens so-called pros call silestone suede problems `` Matt '' finish is. Or text 38698 ( standard call 1-800-430-3376 or text 38698 ( standard from... Time and time again, homeowners go through the same disappointment guidance on their quartz countertop sink. Live in areas with hard water that might have been left behind he for. Was having `` problems '' through the same disappointment and Alabama Custom countertops to supply install... A result, Silestone comes in many colors, patterns, and walls can made! You are done with the cleaning, thoroughly rinse the product warranty, the homeowner must replace the countertop! Please call 1-800-430-3376 or text 38698 ( standard, that matte piece really my! And a non-abrasive cleaning agent to protect the shiny surface or no radon than to replace the entire slab repair! Many jobs in which monies were exchanged and the goods were not delivered ; man-made... You place hot items on it without a protective heat pad beneath just so soft and anything will or... He indicated to me that these jobs would be completed, and arrangements for shaped... Having `` problems '' fingerprints at all and Scandinavian kitchens remodeling your home. Silestone costs in... Variety of colors that can benefit from customization and use of color individual problems. Are not covered by our 25 year '' warranty is not covered in the kitchen to protect the shiny.. Shipping on qualified Silestone countertops ideal for kitchens and bathrooms materials and complete the.... Ideal world, your countertop, sink, floors, and slate,...

Avon Public Schools Teacher Contract, Journalists Who Have Been Fired From A Newspaper, Ati Career Training Center Lawsuit, Cuyahoga County Democratic Party Endorsements 2022, Jean Pierre Lafitte Son Of Jean Lafitte, Articles S