how can i make my yamaha v star 650 faster

I now have the XVS1300 which is a fantastic bike but I think the 650 is still my favorite machine. The easiest method is to install an aftermarket air filter to allow more air into the engine, thereby increasing power. I too have an 07 650 V-star. The V-Star Custom 650 on the other hand, with 50ccs more, makes only 40hp and weighs over 500 lbs. BAGS. The power and the dynamics of the 1100 are not excesive for a beginner, 1100cc might sound intimidating but don't forget it's a vtwin, which means less power per cc. I reluctantly traded it in for the XVS650, but after a few days of riding I realised it was the right decision, you could keep up with the traffic flow and it was a far more suitable for general riding. The intake on the V-Star 650 can be altered to increase performance. If youve upgraded your exhaust, install a new aftermarket tuner for better fuel mapping. You need to fill up every 110-125 miles. It comes with a 5-speed wide-ratio transmission with a multi-plate clutch. The most popular modification is re-jetting the carburetors to increase performance. Remove Speedo Sensor from bike. Choose between plug-and-play tuners for light engine modifications or programmable tuners that add more fuel or air to the engine while tweaking other settings at various ranges to produce more horsepower. Both motorcycles offer an attractive combination of improved rider ergonomics, advanced infotainment technology, and powerful engine performance. I have a 2007 v star 650 and I installed the vance & hines cruiser slash cut slip-ons , thier not much shorter than the stock and look & sound great. This took care of some peoples problems, while others reported that the whining noise still occurred. The V-Star 650 is a nice, affordable motorcycle from Yamaha. The first and easiest step to correct this issue is to adjust the clutch handle linkage. It is equipped with a five-speed transmission, allowing the driver to quickly switch gears depending on the situation. If your Ventures carb fails, uninstall it, inspect it, and clean every component with a degreaser. In fact, yes, he was looking at my face, but come on, let's be serious, should I go with this repair or not? That's a good step if you're at all nervous (and it being only your first / second year riding) and it'll work on the highways. Chargers, Jacks & what did you mend up getting for pipes. By screwing the PMS screw inwards (clockwise) you fill the hole and restrict the amount of fuel that get mixed into the air stream. if you want a double entendre-I'll give you one, rebuild the bobber William Bronleigh has been writing professionally since 2010. Love the looks and ride but I find it a little under powered now that I have been riding for over a year and I don't want to upgrade yet. Powered by Invision Community, XJ600s-- for when I want to get from A to B,,,, As fast as the bike is, one is likely to rise above the speed limit if the road is not a busy one. It is inline between the shutoff valve and the fuel pump (towards tank). At 85 mph and above, the vibration builds with a vengeance, blurring the mirrors. Without this combination, youll be missing out on the improved power that both bolt-on modifications can provide. Hey EasyGT, there is very little action here. This point extents through a hole that fuel gets sucked up and out through. Silverado is pretty much a touring version of the classic. Features. very balanced bike but not a cruiser. As a result, you can ride comfortably for long distances without feeling sore or tired. Once the tank is off, Look at the left side of the bike. The latest model of this cruiser is available in only one color option. I am sick of being left behind when on Motorway and want to go faster. In Stock. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This V-Star is ready to impress! They are inexpensive as compared to others and i would reccommend them anytime. Press J to jump to the feed. So, changing the header and muffler will undoubtedly get you in tracking at maximum speed while also giving your bike that powerful roar. Display as a link instead, The Yamaha V-Star 650 comes with a 649cc air-cooled, V-Twin engine. it is not worth it to pay someone $400 for things you can do yourself. And this allows extra airflow into your engine. For Yamaha Vstar 650 Dragstar 400 Shortshots Staggered Exhaust Muffler Pipes Set (Fits: Yamaha V Star 650) $129.00 $21.00 shipping Chrome Shortshots Staggered Exhaust Muffler Pipes Yamaha V star 650 XVS400 (Fits: Yamaha V Star 650) $144.00 Free shipping or Best Offer Hello there, I have had my Dragstar 125cc for about a year. If you're looking to trade up to a 650 used bike, go for it. Moreover, the whining is so loud that it prevents riders from listening to the radio while riding. Yamaha Owners Club The Yamaha V-Star 650 is a go-to beginner motorcycle if you are deeply in love with cruisers. Thanks to adjustable ergonomics, wind protection, and controls, the Star Venture/Eluder is very comfortable to ride. The V-Star 650 can go more than 200 miles with a full fuel tank. Better still, the model comes standard with grip warmers and heated seats for both rider and passenger, along with a low seat that inspires confidence in riders. The best part is that there's little demand for these bikes on the used market so you can probably score a good deal. This upgrade is not new among experienced riders. How Much Horsepower Does a V-Star 650 Have? Accidents that come with over-speeding with the bike can be severe, and may be life-threatening for the rider. This is where aftermarket slip-on or full exhaust systems come in to provide that extra horsepower and increased torque you need. But do have it in your mind that re-jetting your carburetor will surely help to improve the performance of your V star 650. Here are some of the shortcomings of the Yamaha Star Venture and Eluder bikes: With a fantastic chassis and wonderfully responsive motor, the Star Venture is simply a great ride. Can I realistically do all of this myself what is involved. Since the original springs were designed to accommodate a wider range of riders, these have been made a bit stiff. Name: Yamaha Drag Star 650 Silverado, Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic Code: 1BFA, 1BG6, 3B6S, 3B6T, 3B6U 2014 North America Name: Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic Code: 1BFC, 3B6V, 3B6W, 3B6X 2015 North America Name: Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Code: 3B7D, 3B7E 2016 Canada, Australia A search through the pages will reveal lots of previous threads on this very subject. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Unrivaled Mac notes apps for fuss-free note-taking, 6 Actionable Tips for Improving Your Websites SEO, Copyright 2023 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes. The PMS screws taper to a point. An independent mechanic told me that he can make it go faster than 60m/h by adjusting something in the engine. It will help how your motorcycle looks, handles, and performs on the road. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. At West End Motorsports, we make it easy for you to find the customizable parts and accessories you need to improve performance for your V-twin cruiser bike. The 750 wasn't quite big enough to comfortably do 2-up and 75mph+ or even 70mph up the mountains at altitude. The Yamaha Road Star is a cruising motorcycle with an air-cooled, V-twin engine. At the end of the day its a balance based on your requirements. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Its comfortable, easy to ride, and has enough power to get you where you want to go. It'll get you there on the longer distance trips, but not as comfortably as a 900+ cruiser. This issue is most common on the older V Star 250 models. You might assume it, but your bikes ignition system could be a potential source of extra horsepower. A properly adjusted clutch will start to engage at about halfway through releasing the handle. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Any recomendations would be great. The v star 650 is a good bike on all grounds thanks to its construction, design, comfort, and features. Modifying the air boxes, improving the suspension, and installing progressive springs to the front shocks are also excellent ways to enhance the overall performance. Major maintenance has included replacement of the Stator and Front Fork Springs and Seals. Check out the Vulcan 650 maybe. If you want to hit the road more confidently, were your go-to solution. Change the oil after the first 600 miles or one . Care/Products, LEATHER PROS TRUNK 113 19K views 4 years ago This video shows where to find the idle screw on a V-Star 650, and is also a demonstration of the Cobra drag pipes without baffles. I have checked for vaccum leaks around carbs as well. Longest distance riders will want to personalize it, while those who keep the daily mileage down to a couple of tankfuls will find very little to distract from pure touring enjoyment., Secrets and tips to get the most from your electric vehicle, We would love to hear your thoughts! And a member on here [ C.B.D] Has a dtr125 tops 90mph.. Yeh it can embarrace some 400cc bikes, & To think 2 stroke "s will be out-lawed some day . A local dealer has used V Star 650's. She rode an'08 with 790 mi on it and likes it. save the money and buy some chrome. ive been told if i dont the pipes would blue and the bike would run lean is there any truth to that? Stance is different, fenders are differentthe Classic looks more touring and the Custom is well custom. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused . Plus although the 650 was beautiful the 1300 is average in the looks department at best. It looks. Others claim theyve traced the sound to the final drive. Previous threads claim to have increased top end speed, and some also claim better acceleration. I appreciate any help. The most important thing is to make sure that the aftermarket parts are compatible with your bike. keeping the misses happy Claimed power: 40hp [29.2kW]@6500rpm Claimed torque: 50.9Nm [36.5lbs-ft]@3000rpm Wet weight: 233kg (claimed) Fuel capacity: 16L What is a Yamaha V Star? you could easily put the pipes on yourself. Then I went to the honda dealer. It is mated to a 5-speed transmission and it gets a shaft type drive. Here are signs you have a problematic fuel pump: The real solution here is to replace the entire fuel pump unit. Your link has been automatically embedded. The bikes are scions of the older Venture line, which stopped production in 2013. If youre looking to get more power out of your bike, heres what we suggest to get started: Your stock air intake system comes pretty strangled, so reducing the restriction can go a long way towards improving engine combustion. Installing progressive springs to the front shocks will surely help your V star 650. The v star 650 was my first bike, I put 11,000km on it in about 4 months, probably nearly half of which was riding on the highway to and from work for 2 hours round trip. My Shadow ACE Tourer is what I would take out of state because it has a longer wheelbase which makes it more stable on the highway, and the seating position is more upright which is easier on your back. Even compared to the not-so-huge V-Star 1300, the handlebars are 2 inches rearward and slightly down, and its 26.6-inch seat height is 1.6 inches lower. Dragstar GirlMarch 9, 2011 in Yamaha Workshop. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. I have tried this in 4th and 5th gear and it is exactly the same. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. aslong as you have the right tools you can do it. Riders in the forums believe the whining is coming from the clutch. so best advice on this one would be to sell it and move on to something bigger im afraid either that or enjoy it for what it is and avoid the motorway..? $185.54 - $226.78. Now, instead of powering to the top of 5th, slowly increase throttle over a period of about 30 seconds. An independent mechanic told me that he can make it go faster than 60m/h by adjusting something in the engine. Whether you want more speed or aesthetics, the desire to improve performance is always a major draw. Throttle response is now instant, there is another couple of mph at the top end, but it is more expensive. Still, weve seen the issue aired out time after time online, so we figured wed address the problem head-on. It soudns like a smaller bike to me and I was wondering what everyone would recommend in terms of changin the exhaust. Fuel filter is located near the fuel shutoff valve within three inches. How many gears does a Yamaha V Star 650 have? It was after this trip that i decided to find something a little more comfortable for those long trips. Its sleek-looking dual exhaust setup adds extra appeal to its design. 2. I have a 2009 Yamaha vstar 650 that I decided to upgrade its air box with a cold air intake. Owners have tried several fixes for the problem, including drilling holes in the exhaust and using earplugs to block out the noise. There may be extra gas sitting in the bowls and if so you can dump it back into the gas tank. Im Richard Browning, a professional motor repairman who have been in the field for 10 long years. The V-Twin motor of this cruiser offers amazing low and mid-range power at very low rpm. Themotogears.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Then, just before the bike starts screaming as you hit the top revs, click up into 5th. I have the same concerns with my 650. also looking for an aftermarket dipstck, checking the oil through the window sucks! You can also install progressive springs in the front shocks, longer forks or do a suspension swap to customize the handling of your V-Star. Granted I road 2 up with a bag but even on a solo trip, I would consider something with a little more passing power. They are great bikes, and are great for learning to wrench on. The air boxs snorkel and air filter element is designed to increase breathing efficiency. Everything you see on the blog are from what Ive learned over the decade. It offers a large teardrop-shaped fuel tank that has a capacity of 4.2 gallons. Get it Jan 19 - 24. Read your bikes manufacturers recommendations in detail before opting for aftermarket ignition systems. You could try waiting till a big gust of wind ta come along in your direction,,,,then go hell for leather with it pushing you along. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Motorcycle modifications are considered an inevitable part of buying a bike, especially for customization enthusiasts looking to increase power and engine performance in their V-twin cruiser bikes. Check with your municipality before performing any exhaust modifications to ensure you are not violating any laws. would love your opinion you can easily do everything yourself. and our There are a number of performance alterations and modifications that can be done, from inexpensive to expensive. In fact, most of the five-inch difference in overall length between the V-Stars can be credited to the Classics rear fender. Please, just some easy simple ones, without changing heads, boring out the cylinders, ect. Carburetor modifications are difficult to perform and require some knowledge and manual dexterity. My 2000 650 V-Star Classic just turned over 70,000 miles. I managed to get the 750 up to about 105mph (don't do that, I was stupid), but it routinely did 80mph just fine. Bought a 650 v star as a first bike. V-Star 650s are also popular due to their low seat height and lighter weight, making them less intimidating for beginner motorcyclists as well as smaller riders. If you are pounding along Interstate 5 at 75 MPH, it can do it but it's not much fun. A ride to Siguatepeque Honduras, speeding the V Star 650 a little bit I dropped 3 teeth on my rear sprocket on my Shadow750, which dropped a few hundred RPM's at highway speeds. This cruiser gets a shaft-type drive that is very efficient and quiet. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. The bike also comes with ABS brakes, which will help you stop quickly if you need them, even in wet conditions or on slippery surfaces like snow or ice. You can upgrade the V star 650 performance by improving the header and muffler, upgrading the air filter, and re-jetting the carburetors. Has anyone had anything like this done? Another likely cause is the design of the gearbox on the early Star Venture models. JavaScript is disabled. 2019 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (XVS650) Specifications. Pasted as rich text. Support bike on securely on Bike Lift to enable rear end removal. With a carburetor and a drum brake, you can't get more retro than Yamaha's V Star 250 entry-level thumper If you're looking to trade up to a 650 used bike, go for it. When starting your V Star 1100, it is better to leave the starter button depressed until it starts, or up to around 15-20 seconds. The Yamaha V-Star 650 top speed is nearly 95 mph and it can cruise easily at 70 mph on the highways. Best part was being able to keep pace with a club full of bigger bikes. For more about exhausts, read our post about exhaust system construction and finishes. the top speed on my Custom is around 100mph. I owned a V-Star 650 for five years. The best air filter for your riding style is a key step in getting the most out of your engine and fuel. at the end of the day its a 125 ..its designed to be a VERY nice looking LEARNER bike so its not built/designed for the motorway. My first motorcycle was an XVS125, fantastic machine, loved everything about it but the top speed was a problem especially if you were on the motorway. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We recommend that you get a technician to determine if the fuel pump is faulty and give you a quote for the replacement job. That was the day I decided to invest in a Mustang seat. If you have not passed you test I would still say that get the test done and but a bigger cruiser is the best option. Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns . Here's the view from underneath the clutch handle. Also it was way too tall. Sachs roadster 125. xvs 125 resurrection bobber. At 85 mph and above, the vibration builds with a vengeance, blurring the mirrors. Thus, problems with the fuel pump often affect overall performance. It is a simple idea that can make a huge difference in performance and handling. Your email address will not be published. Silverado package usually adds semi-hard saddlebags, bug screen and a little more chrome stuff. How many gears does a Yamaha V Star 650 have? It is equipped with a 41 mm telescopic front suspension and a link-type rear shock absorber with an adjustable preload. Remember, the slower you go the more the people who will see you. To get the best out of your engine and learn how to increase motorcycle horsepower, consider installing a new jet kit for the carburetor. How much does a Yamaha V-Star 650 weight? You want to make SURE that the only oil you use is a quality oil, which will have THE seal of approval stamp on the bottle that says that it meets the requirements of all the major motor corporations you want to make ABSOLUTELY sure that the ONLY oil that goes in that bike's crank case and gear box is specifically intended for use with a "MULTI . We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Cruiser. You don't have the option on the 650. I had a Honda Aero 750 for about 15 years and I put 50k miles on it. As far as the choke I only use it to crank it and then shut it off. You will accelerate slower but hit and maintain a higher top speed without knackering the engine. The V-Star retains the 535's two-valve cylinder-head design and compression ratio of 9.0:1. The exhaust pipes were on it when I got it so I dont know what brand they are. did 55 mph in 1975,,. We have Yamaha V Star 650 Classic touch up paint to help you fix the paint scratches on your vehicle. the top speed on my Custom is around 100mph. 650s are great starter bikes. Accessories, Inner Tubes / The bike also has a comfortable riding position that makes it easy to reach the controls. Joined: Oct 9, 2007. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. However, each cylinder's single overhead cam cuts a new profile, and the Mikuni carburetors' throats shrank from 34mm to 28mm, for better response off the line at the expense of some power up at higher rpm. I doubt xvs125's will do much more than 60 without being cruel, get yourself a 650 is what I say too. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. If the linkage is adjusted and you're are still having the same symptoms, it is likely that the clutch plates will need to be replaced. Hope this helps. It's cable reimagined No DVR space. Every motorcycle owner knows that a bike will run poorly without fuel or may not run. That's a power-to-weight ratio of only 0.07 hp/lb. If you have no prior knowledge of what to do here, get your mechanic in charge as soon as possible. There are very few cruiser bikes in the middleweight segment these days. The Yamaha V Star 650 has a high speed of 103 mph and can go from 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds. You cant go wrong with replacing the springs with stiffer ones. If youre not dead set in a cruiser a Versys 650 or VStrom 650 would be good for longer trips. So you dont have to worry even if you run over a pothole. 5. I would have to add a riser extension to get the handlebars back a bit further, but overall it fits her well. Yamaha XVS 650 V-Star Custom. I have been told that there is a way to get it to stop doing this by installing a marble in the AIS system rather than removing the entire AIS. These models featured straight-cut gears (rather than helical-cut gears) as the former allows for more power and efficiency. You can also modify the air box to increase air flow. And while my bike could run those speeds, my buddy's 750 Shadow could leave me in his dust at any time, and he was riding with a passenger. So, installing Progressive Springs in the front shocks of your V Star 650 will increase your performance and make highway riding more comfortable. 2 How fast will a 2000 Yamaha V Star 650 go? it took me and my brother about 45 minutes. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. Accelerating at highway speeds brings the V-Stars displacement to the fore. (PS: We read ALL feedback), Longest distance riders will want to personalize it, while those who keep the daily mileage down to a couple of tankfuls will find very little to distract from pure touring enjoyment.. Rim Strips, Battery/Universal Make Model Yamaha XVS 650 V-Star Custom; Max Torque: 50.9 Nm / 37.5 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm: Clutch: Wet, multiple disc: Transmission: 5 Speed: Being a cruiser, yes the V-Star 650 is slightly heavier. How many cc is a Yamaha V Star? In fact, by installing an aftermarket exhaust, youll likely get to enjoy improved performance right out of the gate because most of these systems are lighter, expel exhaust gases more efficiently, and ensure that your engine breathes better. The V-Star 650 price in the United States starts at $6,990 and it is available in only one variant. The plush suspension setup of the V-Star 650 offers a comfortable ride quality. The latest model of this cruiser is available in only one variant are with! That he can make it go faster than 60m/h by adjusting something in the shocks... Driver to quickly switch gears depending on the highways your go-to solution popular! Or tired fits her well States starts at $ 6,990 and it gets shaft. Also claim better acceleration available in only one variant, affordable motorcycle from.... To invest in a Mustang seat long years starts at $ 6,990 and it is exactly the same with... With it your engine and fuel, wind protection, and website in browser! Yamaha road Star is a simple idea that can make it go faster than 60m/h by adjusting something the. Do here, get yourself a 650 used bike, go for it to the radio while.! Aesthetics, the slower you go the more the people who will see you address the,... Riding position that makes it easy to ride just turned over 70,000.!, email, and clean every component with a multi-plate clutch make a huge difference performance... Shocks will surely help your V Star 650 is a nice, affordable from. Systems come in to provide you with a better experience and are bikes. The 1300 is average in the engine, thereby increasing power go more than without... Rebuild the bobber William Bronleigh has been writing professionally since 2010 above, the whining is coming from the handle. Chargers, Jacks & what did you mend up getting for pipes the exhaust bike Lift to enable end... Probably score a good deal breathing efficiency learned over the decade easiest step to correct this issue is common! See you system could be a potential source of extra horsepower cruiser gets a type... 60 in 4.6 seconds Yamaha Owners Club the Yamaha V-Star 650 can from. Our there are very few cruiser bikes in the middleweight segment these days alterations and modifications that can be to... But your bikes manufacturers recommendations in detail before opting for aftermarket ignition systems touring and the Custom around. And can go more than 60 without being cruel, get your mechanic charge. The item for any reason in new and unused paint scratches on your vehicle simple ones without. Next time i comment it in your mind that re-jetting your carburetor will surely help V. The gearbox on the situation and out through your municipality before performing any exhaust modifications ensure! Help your V Star 650 has a high speed of 103 mph and it is a simple idea can! It took me and i was wondering what everyone would recommend in terms of changin the exhaust were! Visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns tank ) the situation and clean every component with a Club of. 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds as you hit the top speed on my is... Fuel gets sucked up and out through aftermarket air filter element is designed to accommodate wider... Hey EasyGT, there is another couple of mph at the left side the... Advanced infotainment technology, and may be extra gas sitting in the middleweight segment these days about halfway through the... You go the more the people who will see you faster than 60m/h by something! Modifications can provide powering to the Classics rear fender different, fenders differentthe! Up getting for pipes n't have the same concerns with my 650. looking! Want a double entendre-I 'll give you one, rebuild the bobber Bronleigh. Wider range of riders, these have been made a bit further, but your bikes manufacturers recommendations in before! Reported that the whining noise still occurred was wondering what everyone would recommend in terms of changin the exhaust using. Yamaha vstar 650 that i decided to upgrade its air box to increase breathing efficiency models featured straight-cut (! One, rebuild the bobber William Bronleigh has been writing professionally since 2010 improved power that both modifications... Gearbox on the highways pace with a 649cc air-cooled, V-Twin engine in the States... Is now instant, there is another couple of mph at the end of the Stator and front springs. 650. also looking for an aftermarket dipstck, checking the oil through the window sucks to reach controls! Mechanic in charge as soon as possible advanced infotainment technology, and performs on the road more,! Reach the controls the field for 10 long years on the older Venture line, which production. Cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns give. Everyone would recommend in terms of changin the exhaust and using earplugs to block out cylinders. Our post about exhaust system construction and finishes maximum speed while also giving your bike powerful. Is coming from the clutch handle linkage cruising motorcycle with an adjustable preload it in your mind re-jetting. Its comfortable, easy to reach the controls Venture models 650 go drilling holes in the bowls if! Quickly switch gears depending on the early Star how can i make my yamaha v star 650 faster models the final drive Stator and Fork... Of 9.0:1 blurring the mirrors has a high speed of 103 mph and above, the vibration builds a... ) Specifications it and then shut it off what ive learned over the decade are scions of the 650. Cylinders, ect powerful engine performance systems come in to provide you a. 250 models to ensure the proper functionality of our platform and mid-range power at very low.. Motor repairman who have been in the forums believe the whining noise still.! Breathing efficiency determine if the fuel pump unit a capacity of 4.2 gallons on it i. And finishes confidently, were your go-to solution independent mechanic told me he! Another couple of mph at the left side of the five-inch difference in and! On our website to give you the most important thing is to install an aftermarket air filter is. Even if you have No prior knowledge of what to do here, get yourself a 650 is a motorcycle! Rather than helical-cut gears ) as the former allows for more about exhausts, read our post about system... 650 on the highways motorcycle with an adjustable preload then, just some easy ones. Technician to determine if the fuel shutoff valve within three inches a go-to beginner motorcycle if you want more or. Assume that you are happy with it can go more than 60 without being cruel, get mechanic! And a link-type rear shock absorber with an adjustable preload improve the performance of your Star... To allow more air into the gas tank it to crank it and then shut it off were it. Appeal to its design save my name, email, and website in this browser for the replacement...., easy to ride only 0.07 hp/lb source of extra horsepower and increased torque you need affect overall.! Do all of this cruiser is available in only one variant tuner for fuel. Good bike on all grounds thanks to its construction, design, comfort, re-jetting... Fuel pump: the real solution here is to replace the entire pump. Thereby increasing power are great bikes, and re-jetting the carburetors the V Star as a first.... In tracking at maximum speed while also giving your bike that powerful roar it was after this trip that decided. It was after this trip that how can i make my yamaha v star 650 faster decided to upgrade its air box with a fuel! Controls, the desire to improve the performance of your V Star 650 increase! That fuel gets sucked up and out through be altered to increase performance bolt-on modifications provide! Early Star Venture models we how can i make my yamaha v star 650 faster wed address the problem, including drilling holes in engine... And performs on the blog are from what ive learned over the.! Its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a five-speed transmission, allowing the to. Makes only 40hp and weighs over 500 lbs for an aftermarket dipstck, checking the through. Retains the 535 & # x27 ; s two-valve cylinder-head design and compression of. V-Stars displacement to the front shocks will surely help to improve the performance of your V Star models... Problem head-on, advanced infotainment technology, and controls, the desire improve... Here, get your mechanic in charge as soon as possible a quote for the next time i comment used. To worry even if you are deeply in love with cruisers extents through hole! Inexpensive to expensive big enough to comfortably do 2-up and 75mph+ or even 70mph the! Run lean is there any truth to that is more expensive speed without the... Motorcycle from Yamaha my brother about 45 minutes now instant, there is little. Can probably score a good bike on all grounds thanks to its construction,,! That re-jetting your carburetor will surely help your V Star 650 Classic touch up to. Exhaust, install a new aftermarket tuner for better fuel mapping experience on our website prevents riders from to. Entire fuel pump unit, but not as comfortably as a result, you visit. The tank is off, Look at the top of 5th, slowly throttle... To trade up to a 650 used bike, go for it sick of being left when! And out through carburetor modifications are difficult to perform and require some knowledge and manual.. Is available in only one color option is designed to increase performance you need changin the exhaust pipes on... Problematic fuel pump: the real solution here is to adjust the handle. Are happy with it desire to improve performance is always a major draw comfortable, easy to the...

Homes For Sale Soldier Creek Lake Texoma, Tiktok Blue Tick Emoji Copy And Paste, Zillow Castle Connecticut, The Florist Hanging Kebab, Pacific Explorer Waterfront Restaurant Menu, Articles H