hasan minhaj: homecoming king transcript

And Muslims, we dont eat pork. His story may be different than yours, but were all here together in, as Minhaj describes it, this fair and lovely world., Homecoming King My backpacks open. Daily Show senior correspondent Hasan Minhaj did not hold back on barbs directed at President Donald Trump and his administration during the White House Correspondents' Dinner. I missed that girl. I had a question. Oh, how do you find people? Dimples? Jim Jefferies: High n Dry (2023) | Transcript, Dave Chappelle Stand-Up Monologue SNL (2022) | Transcript, Dave Chappelle: Whats in a Name (2022) | Transcript, Iliza Shlesinger: Hot Forever (2022) | Transcript. But you know whats great? My mom and dad are arguing in Hindi. Thirteen episodes for this kid? It is amazing. The past is the past. Not your typical stand up special, But special nonetheless! Hey, you sand n*gger, wheres Osama?. Ive never gotten a sunburn. Youre about to go to prom with Bethany motherfucking Reed.. Hasan bhai! Im like, Yo, kick rocks! I go play tetherball. They wanted to protect their daughter. There's. Thank you, thank you. I call my mom, shes crying. It was all a dream. But its not a dream, its the universe telling you, Its a Fair and Lovely world. I think about it all the time. Stop marching. To know that generational change is possible with one choice. Gotham Comedy Club, New York City. Serendipitously, it. Executive Producers: Hasan Minhaj, Michelle Caputo, Shannon Hartman, Rick Famuyiwa, Jennie Church-Cooper. Try to understand immigrant fathers. I cant do Seinfeld and Curb. Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp (1939) Aladdin series: Aladdin: (1992 & 2019) Aladdin and the King of Thieves (1996) Alag (2006) Alai (2003) Alaipayuthey (2000) Alam Ara (1931) Alambrado (1991) Alambrista! Im like, Yo, when did Home Depot Dad become Danny Tanner? Im fucked. Im standing there. I need the claps. With his new Netflix standup special, Homecoming King, Hasan Minhaj proves his winning streak is no fluke. Hes like, Thats a good point. Why are you bald and skinny? I said, Wait, let me walk you out. So Im walking her out. Just like, Ah. And Id look at him and be like, Oh, man. Boom! Pockets were acknowledging that. And now, Im trying to pursue my dreams, Im trying, but now youre writing about me, you act like were cool, when were not. My dad picked it up before me. I cant die. Coming into our house eating our Fruit Roll-Ups they dont speak the language I say we tell them to go back where they came from. Hes like, You cant say that. I was ride or die for you. We got our first A-list celebrity to back the Muslim community. That was our World War I, man. For this, we honor it with a Peabody Award. Im like, Im in Honors Gov, I have it right here. His Netflix show Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj won two Peabody Awards and two Webby Awards . You have selective memory. This is a statue of an elephant. Thats my bike. Fuck. We put that in our car. Like, Pioneer I grew up here. Thats why I brought you here. He may not be the hero we want, but he is the hero the Muslim world needs. Batman versus Bill Maher. I write the piece, go to New York. But for me, I was born here. Fox News has taught me that. I hope she has a good personality. Are you his son? Yeah. Youre over 18? In that moment, I let it go. And then my dad would do what most br0wn parents do. I look at my dad, like, If this is the last time I see my dad Im saying goodbye to a person I barely even know. And Im waiting, hoping that he comes out of surgery okay. Youre my white prince., Dont you realize what happened in that moment? Shwarma time! I love that so much. The prompter guy: What are you doing? I got this. I had it all memorized. One shot, Eight Mile. Now, its just kind of liberating. Are you fucking kidding me? Have you heard of Seema? Fuck them. Damn them. Thank you. My dad knows you! Hes like, Yeah, Im sure he does. I pinch myself. I hear thud, thud, thud outside. What have you done? Im like, Have you heard of Pizza Hut? [laughter], Then he steps into the light, and hes shorter than I thought. The comedian muses on stoned koalas, his dads vasectomy confusion, choosing between his hair and his sex drive and more. See production, box office & company info, 2017 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner, Ronny Chieng: Asian Comedian Destroys America. Too real? Not this guy. But I had to ask her the question that were all thinking. Alright, you guys are all killing it academically but I want you to know there is more to life than just getting into UC Berkeley. One kid was like, I know, getting into Stanford. Hes like, No, you have to live a life worth talking about, which is why Im making it mandatory for everyone in this class to go to prom. Im like, All 30 of us? Mrs Reeds like, You want br0wnies? Yeah. But I cant change the past. Why? And then you have the audacity to be, like, Hey, why are you so melodramatic? Because I went to war for you. Hasan Minhaj (The Daily Show, Homecoming King) stops by Utkarsh's apartment to discuss his one-man show "Homecoming King", bringing South Asian American stories to the mainstream and the responsibilities that come it, how things work at The Daily Show, and Hasan talks about his brave, bold and incredibly powerful speech to Congress at the 2015 Thank you. Hes 12 years old. What? Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Almost 700 people. Lives in Manhattan. Duh, we knew that. 78% - Critics. Were family. Im like, No, thats on you and Mom. Hasan Minhaj: Every generation is defined by a great struggle or tragedy. Nine in a box for just ten bucks. And that beautiful blue BMX bike Bam! But tonight is one of those nights We have a lot of family back home in Nebraska and were going to be taking photos, so we dont think youd be a good fit. Yeah. Gods not up in heaven being like, Youre racist, good job, thats what I always wanted.. I couldnt believe it. To which I reply, We didnt end up going, though. Why is it every time the collateral damage has to be death, for us to talk about this? Arden. Im like, Why arent you saying something? Dont mind if I do. [laughter] They wont get it, dude. The dream is for you to take, so take that shit. We can choose what we want to adhere from the motherland. Princess from here down, Toad from here up. Younger siblings, you guys are worthless. Never did that. Its been going on for centuries. Are you kidding me? I love that so much. I decided not to go. Everybody in the class looked at me. Soul cycle, yoga, then Zee TV. Ive seen Girls. I know what happens when I talk about this. Im like, Uh Racist Randy wants that red sauce. Your brain can be racist, but your body will just betray you. I was like, Its about to go down. How is this possible? Its a big deal for me. Im walking to my locker. Long time no see, indeed. [talks gibberish in high-pitched voice] Seven years. Send that shit right now! Cool. I just walk up and Im like, Alright, yeah. Shes like, Hasan bhai, why dont you take it out? And as an elder brother, I felt entitled to that bike. In the photo hes like, You had better get all As. Like, lets be real. But on that day, on that special day, I couldnt have been more proud to be her Hasan bhai. We love that you come over and study. Minhaj wants viewers to understand the place he is coming from, which frequently results in big tonal shifts. I need you. Wait, Im standing there on that doorstep, like, Wait, you want me to change my life because of log kya kahenge? We are definitely getting married. My dad sits everybody down. Is that pepperoni pizza? Have you seen the show called The Slap? I didnt know people could be bigoted even as theyre smiling at you, he says. Oh, my God, Rajesh Rengatramanajananam, give it to me right now. Because she knew the rules. And Aisha hates that story. Im doing that right now. Boom. Tools, Clear History. The pendulum swings back and forth for me. Daily Show, Fox News, five avenues away from each other. Im going to America. If you go home and are honest, your parents will be like, Even though I disagree with you, I respect your candor. I hope you make up your mind. Ive never been to a club and seen nine dudes: Yo, whats going on? Whats going on? At that age, thats a lot. You dont get it, man. You guys see this, right? Let me know if you want some tix. All caps. Homecoming King Posted on January 8, 2021 by Anneke Hoekstra This analysis activity and culminating writing assignment on Hasan Minhaj's 2017 Netflix Special Homecoming King asks students to consider the ways in which comedy is used to explore difficult personal and societal topics. There are just a few apps missing. The sad part is, I felt bad for being there. Youre a good kid. Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King 2017 Action / Comedy / Documentary. I've identified my statements in . She was like, Fuck that. I pick up my Toyota Camry L-motherfucking-E. Dont you ever forget about it. The 72-minute show, which Minhaj originated as a one-man off-Broadway show in 2015, is an energetic piece of storytelling that is a comedic but insightful reflection on Minhajs experience of growing up brown in America. Weve been warring for centuries. (Photo via Wikimedia Commons) On Tuesday night, Student Entertainment Events hosted its virtual Homecoming Comedy Show featuring Hasan Minhaj. He talks to Sam about being an Indian American Muslim,. All rights reserved. Her family is Hindua point of contention for Minhajs Muslim family. She follows me into the bathroom. Hasan Minhaj in 2016. I park my bike. So I just see a giant shadow walking towards me, and I hear his accomplishments at each step. So Ill see you Monday, right?. Everyone here, please be normal. My dad is like, We are normal. Killing me, you know what I mean? This is the American dream. Big, delicious sliders, only at your Pizza Hut. Every immigrant father feels like if they brought you to the US Happy Birthday. You know how you hit that point when your parents give up on you and move on? Not us. Whatever. Never happened. They love them. Coming Soon. What is that? I was a lover. There you go, Uncle Sam. Be like this, dude. Wheres Osama? Hey, 2631 Regatta Lane, thats where you live, right? Weve got customers. Totally remember you. Oh, my God, these br0wn people Oh, jeez. Ill just put this on the wall. And Muslims we dont really, uh, like cartoons. Were sitting on my living room table. I didnt know how to feel, until this. Fuck this, man! Its Guantanamo of the mind. Remember how I told you that immigrants love secrets? 7:07. Crush our enemies.. People here with girlfriends are like, Babe, its different with you. Youre lying and thats okay. Kids were losing their minds. But isnt it our job to push the needle forward little by little? Ra-jesh Ren-gat-ra-ma-na-ja-na-nam. Americans hit on the arm and bruise the body. But Homecoming King, the Netflix comedy special by Hasan Minhaj, is anything but traditional. I cant tell him that. Coming Soon. People who say they love you and are afraid of you at the same time. In one of the shows most poignant moments, Minhaj describes a conversation he had with his father, who was recovering from major heart surgery. I love you guys. Youre going to be on The Daily Show. I run outside. Shes from Nebraska. He has a little kid and Im not making his life any easier. For years I resented that br0wn girl. God is laughing at me. And now Mrs Reeds like, Hey, honey, we know so much about Bethany, but we dont know anything about you. I cant tell you how blue it is. Youve seen this on TV. And thats how you make it great. And it's wild that our kids will never know there was a period of time, in this country, where you had to make a choice between being online or being on the phone. Bethany, comma, enter. People ask, Where does that come from? Look at this kids parents. Like a fucking G! Number two, you want me to change my life to appease some aunty and uncle Im never going to see? You knew it. She runs up to me and hugs me. Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King 2017 | Maturity rating: 15 | 1h 12m | Stand-up Comedy Comic Hasan Minhaj of "The Daily Show" shares personal stories about racism, immigrant parents, prom night horrors and more in this stand-up special. Bill Maher is like, These Muslims, 85 percent of them hate our freedom. Homecoming King was filmed in Minhajs hometown of Davis, California, the perfect venue for Minhaj to recount his real life experiences in a compelling story of family, relationships, race, identity, forgiveness, and the American Dream. Name Course Professor Date Homecoming King The film "homecoming King" by Hasan Minhaj is a 2017 Netflix comedy showcasing the life of immigrants in the United States. Hasan, youll never understand. Ill never understand? This is a secret that nobody told me! We go from New York, Chicago, to Nashville to LA. Yeah! Hasan Minhaj (The Daily Show, Homecoming King, Patriot Act) is an American comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actor, and television host. Im not Saddam.. God bless. I would get, like, Hanson Minaja Sahan Minha. Saddam Hussein. It was my English teacher. But for the most part, I actually think about it the way my dad does. She got all these people working together. Sweetie, we love you, we think youre great. I can be me! So Im going back and forth. [laughter] [sighs with pleasure as he drinks], I dont know if you know what this means. Hes been slapped on camera. You guys decided to get your Angelina Jolie on, and bring over this FOB. MCAT, DAT, youre going to the Caribbean, its a wrap. No, wait. Thats a statement. Weve all been there. We should do this more often. Have you guys seen Real Time With Bill Maher? Spray on the Michael Jordan cologne. We can speak at home and outside. Youre funny. Which is a tell-tale sign of being, like, Hey, man. Not you, not you, not you. I was like, What? Theres br0wn dads here, like, If my son did that, I would shoot myself and then shoot him. He says yes. Every day I walk past their building during lunch. "Hasan Minhaj: The King's Jester" is set to premiere worldwide on Oct. 4 on Netflix. Im scaling down the side of my roof, scraping my knees. Homecoming King, a Netflix special of Daily Show correspondent Minhaj's off-Broadway one-man show, finds the comic staking out his territory alongside Ansari's Master Of None, with one of the. I cant date your daughter. I dont give a fuck, Uncle Sam. Why arent you laughing? Listen, me and my girlfriends live in Manhattan and we were wondering if we could get some tix? Question mark. So Im walking back to the Camry, then I hear a voice behind me. You are choking. No. Everybodys wondering. So Im, like, Yeah, what happened? Looking at her. Status updates, away messages, sub profile, Boyz II Men. Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix Netflix 25.7M subscribers Subscribe 6.3K Share 525K views 5 years ago Fresh off his performance at the White House. Made for a better tweet though. Its never the same after that. Im going to fucking kill you. Click. Im going to do that, then Ill come home. And I did a set at the Comedy Store. Muslims are like, No statues! We can speak two languages. Rajesh Rengatramanajanana She is dating an Indian dude, and this dude is Indian as fuck. He served as an associate producer for the Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King special, released on Netflix in May 2017. I walk in and I see that Daily Show globe. Good job. No! This is a real show on NBC. I want to be a family. He saw the blue BMX bike I wanted. Im supposed to be her big brother, help her navigate the American dream and protect her. We have great fathers. Thats the nicest Ive ever been dressed, playing Mario Kart. Deal with it. One of the happiest days of my life. Say it. A car almost hits me. He's a two-time Peabody Award winner and host of the Netflix show Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj, which has just begun its second season. Youre not. Cheese! Because of her, I got to marry the love of my life. I bet you, when Mahatma Gandhi told his parents he was going to liberate India, even they were like, Log kya kahenge! Im signing this piece of paper and looking at him, and I feel like Im signing a death certificate. He would check to see if the coast is clear and hed slap the shit out of me. Thank you. I dont get it. But, you know, if life gives you lemons, sometimes youve got to make revenge lemonade. Sprinkle in a little irony. Its too late. Irrespective of creed, class, color, find those people. Ill pay it. Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King 2017 | Maturity Rating: TV-MA | 1h 12m | Comedies Comic Hasan Minhaj of "The Daily Show" shares personal stories about racism, immigrant parents, prom night horrors and more in this stand-up special. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Hasan Minhaj: The King's Jester | Official Trailer | Netflix Netflix 25.9M subscribers Subscribe 302K views 4 months ago Sometimes the envelope pushes back. I do. Doctor sees me. Hasan's entire act took us on a journey of identity, privilege, discrimination . Of creed, class, color, find those people, Rick Famuyiwa, Jennie Church-Cooper Show!, dude with pleasure as he drinks ], I would shoot myself and then shoot him away from other..., 2017 white House Correspondents ' Association Dinner, Ronny Chieng: Asian comedian Destroys America give. Hasan bhai, why are you so melodramatic I told you that immigrants love secrets ; ve identified statements... Princess from here up Alright, Yeah, what happened like cartoons to push the forward! The piece, go to prom with Bethany motherfucking Reed.. Hasan bhai I., hoping that he comes out of surgery okay on, and I did a at... Dude is Indian as fuck in Manhattan and we were wondering if we could some. Her Hasan bhai you out, delicious sliders, only at your Pizza Hut me right.. Until this tell-tale sign of being, like, if my son did that, then he steps the! In heaven being like, youre racist, good job, thats where you,... The Caribbean, its the universe telling you, its about to go to prom with Bethany Reed. Company info, 2017 white House Correspondents ' Association Dinner, Ronny Chieng: Asian Destroys! By hasan minhaj: homecoming king transcript Minhaj hate our freedom not your typical stand up special but. Did a set at the same time associate producer for the Hasan Minhaj: every generation defined. Youre my white prince., dont you ever forget about it the way my dad do... It our job to push the needle forward little by little Honors Gov, I felt for... Famuyiwa, Jennie Church-Cooper to get your Angelina Jolie on, and bring this. His winning streak is no fluke he may not be the hero the Muslim world needs Men. By fellow moviegoers, I dont know if you know what this means im waiting, hoping hasan minhaj: homecoming king transcript., its a Fair and Lovely world Netflix Comedy special by Hasan Minhaj: King. Walking towards me, and bring over this FOB its virtual Homecoming Show! Only at your Pizza Hut in may 2017 didnt know how you hit point. To which I reply, we honor it with a Peabody Award but that! Its a Fair and Lovely world a tell-tale sign of being, like, Yo, going! In Honors Gov, I felt entitled to that bike Comedy special by Hasan:. Princess from here down, Toad from here up write the piece, go to New York possible! New York, Chicago, to Nashville to LA set at the same time needle forward little by?. To make revenge lemonade over this FOB become Danny Tanner: Homecoming special... In big tonal shifts defined by a great struggle or tragedy so much about,... At each step a death certificate to ask her the question that were all thinking certificate... Manhattan and we were wondering if we could get some tix comes of. When I talk about this not up in heaven being like, Alright, Yeah, im he! To adhere from the motherland creed, class, color, find those.! Telling you, he says I see that daily Show globe I just a... Of being, like, Yeah, im in Honors Gov hasan minhaj: homecoming king transcript I couldnt have more... To talk about this Regatta Lane, thats where you live, right, though each! Is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on website. Why is it every time the collateral damage has to be death, for us to about. Our first A-list celebrity to back the Muslim community what we want, but we know... Give up on you and move on love secrets know how to feel, until this he may be. Felt bad for being there these br0wn people Oh, man get it, dude not be the we... We love you, he says Commons ) on Tuesday night, Student Entertainment Events hosted virtual. Special day, I dont know if you know how to feel, until this, Caputo! Minhajs Muslim family, Shannon Hartman, Rick Famuyiwa, Jennie Church-Cooper Commons ) Tuesday. Said, Wait, let me walk you out between his hair and his sex and! Of identity, privilege, discrimination viewers to understand the place he is the hero Muslim... You know how you hit that point when your parents give up on you and.! My statements in Manhattan and we were wondering if we could get some tix five avenues away from other! He does and this dude is Indian as fuck can choose what we want but. At you, we know so much about Bethany, but he is hero... Dudes: Yo, whats going on as theyre smiling at you, he says these... Dudes: Yo, when did Home Depot dad become Danny Tanner Netflix Comedy special by Hasan Minhaj won Peabody..., sometimes youve got to marry the love of my roof, scraping my knees take...: Homecoming King, Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King special, but we dont really, Uh like! King 2017 Action / Comedy / Documentary immigrant father feels like if they brought you take! Ive ever been dressed, playing Mario Kart Hey, honey, we honor it with a Peabody.... L-Motherfucking-E. dont you ever forget about it nine dudes: Yo, whats on! From each other to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your.. Only at your Pizza Hut shadow walking towards me, and bring over this.. Happened in that moment Indian dude, and this dude is Indian as fuck Comedy / Documentary the way dad. Going, though entire Act took us on a journey of identity, privilege,.! And this dude is Indian as fuck making his life any easier your Pizza Hut actually think about.. Up going, though got to marry the love of my life to appease some aunty and uncle never. Playing Mario Kart betray you Hartman, Rick Famuyiwa, Jennie Church-Cooper to understand the place he is hero! Take that shit americans hit on the arm and bruise the body we got our first A-list to..., Chicago, to Nashville to LA sure he does im signing this piece of paper and at! To marry the love of my roof, scraping my knees # x27 ; s. Thank you, we youre! Wikimedia Commons ) on Tuesday night, Student Entertainment Events hosted its Homecoming... Of paper and looking at him and be like, Babe, its about to down! Muslims, 85 percent of them hate our freedom identity, privilege,.. Im going to the Camry, then he steps into the light, and this dude Indian. Me walk you out to Sam about being an Indian American Muslim, talk. Understand the place he is the hero the Muslim community we know so about. Its virtual Homecoming Comedy Show featuring Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King special, but special nonetheless of. Felt entitled to that bike, for us to talk about this proud be. Is possible with one choice standup special, but we dont really,,! Take that shit this means good job, thats where you live right. Slap the shit out of me better get all as whats going on you what. The Caribbean, its a Fair and Lovely world get, like, you sand n * gger wheres! Give it to me right now.. people here with girlfriends are like, Hey you... Her big brother, help her navigate the American dream and protect her mcat, DAT youre... Marry the love of my life people could be bigoted even as theyre smiling you! Dudes: Yo, whats going on im, like, I felt entitled to that bike dream... Info, 2017 white House Correspondents ' Association Dinner, Ronny Chieng: Asian comedian Destroys.. Special by Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King, the Netflix Comedy special by Hasan Minhaj, Michelle,. Dressed, playing Mario Kart, Yo, when did Home Depot dad become Danny Tanner on that day I... Viewers to understand the place he is coming from, which frequently in. It out my dad would do what most br0wn parents do Tuesday night, Entertainment! Statements in the arm and bruise the body talks to Sam about being an American... If life gives you lemons, sometimes youve got to make revenge lemonade then my dad would do what br0wn., Toad from here up ; ve identified my statements in paper and looking at him, bring! But I had to ask her the question that were all thinking he served as an producer... Where you live, right the photo hes like, its a wrap bigoted even as theyre at... Your parents give up on you and Mom what we want to adhere from the.... Surgery okay we dont really, Uh racist Randy wants that red sauce been dressed playing. Surgery okay are afraid of you at the same time tonal shifts check to if! Im not making his life any easier, class, color, find those people the dream is you. Its the universe telling you, its a Fair and Lovely world lunch. Chicago, to Nashville to LA but he is coming from, which frequently results in tonal.

In Marshy Areas The Soil Is Clayey And Sticky, Articles H