galena park high school football

Gaston, who was a star quarterback at North Shore from 1999-2001, played his college ball close to home at the University of Houston. Coach Kay has supported me throughout my playing days and helped me grow as a coach and a man. Community Connector School Program presented by Optimum, Mr. Texas Football Player of the Year Award, North Texas Dance Team Spotlight presented by Children's Health, San Antonio Inspirational Coach of the Week, San Antonio Student Trainer Program Spotlight, Texas Children's Training Staff Superstars Award. North Shores speed on defense held Duncanville in check for most of the first half. on demand Oct 26, 2022 3:00 PM PDT. The AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, is set to host the UIL Conference 6A Division I championship game between Duncanville and Galena Park North Shore. I'm sure our teams will celebrate many victories in this new stadium," Sadler said. This article is available to our Digital Subscribers. Atascocita High School. For Samples, who started his illustrious head coaching career in 1990 and has won 78% of his career games, it was supposed to be his crowning moment. Duncanvilles defense came into the game allowing 43.3 rushing yards per game on the season, including 26.8 in the playoffs. Already a Subscriber? New grandstand bleachers for 1,800 fans will be added and the existing field house will be renovated for the soccer and baseball teams. Pub. Galena Park - Varsity Football has a new game recap. To see player spotlights please become a Dave Campbells Texas Football Insider. The most famous of which was the 2018 North Shore offense led by Dematrius Davis, Zach Evans and Shadrach Banks that beat Duncanville in the famous Hail Mary game. Samples didnt want to subject them to anymore pain than they had already dealt with. Houston, TX. To see player spotlights please become a Dave Campbells Texas Football Insider. Learn how coaches and fans can participate. 12 pick, Tips for bringing your dog or cat on a flight, West Texans share apocalyptic photos of after massive dust storm, This Houston rodeo food vendor wants you to eat his rattlesnake. Game Updates: Galena Park High School. "It means a lot that we're being honored," Stan Garrett, class of 1964, said. Pub. Major breaking news in TXHSFB as one of the state's top coaches leaves for Rice. 1000 Keene Street. Fax: Follow Us facebook youtube twitter pinterest vimeo flickr linked in instagram. These messages not only drive positive educational outcomes, they can also save lives. tudent Council is selling "Kick Cancer" shirts to support the fight against ALL forms of cancer! Report: Houston is the No. New Enrollment Information can be found here. All Rights Reserved. The new $21 million GPISD District Athletic complex was funded by a $120 million bond program approved by voters in 1999. Kingwood High School. And most famously, North Shore beat Duncanville 41-36 in the 2018 state final by completing a 45-yard Hail Mary touchdown pass on the final play of the game. To read the 2022 season preview please become a Dave Campbells Texas Football Insider. Community Connector School Program presented by Optimum, Mr. Texas Football Player of the Year Award, North Texas Dance Team Spotlight presented by Children's Health, San Antonio Inspirational Coach of the Week, San Antonio Student Trainer Program Spotlight, Texas Children's Training Staff Superstars Award, become a Dave Campbells Texas Football Insider. We were really underrated, but we got it done.. Last year's Conference 6A Division I championship game was held between Southlake Carroll and Austin Westlake, with Austin Westlake taking the 6A-I title thanks to a final score of 52-34. North Shore takes an early 7-0 lead over Duncanville on 3-yard TD pass from Kaleb Bailey to Jhalyn Bailey with 2:55 left first quarter.#txhsfb @DuncanvilleISD @ihss_dfw @dctf @SportsDayHS @Duncanville_Fb pic.twitter.com/BTKc8DLmsz. For the third time in four years, Duncanville experienced heartbreak at the hands of North Shore on the home field of the Cowboys. Duncanville answered with a 43-yard run by Medlock that moved the ball to the North Shore 17 and set up a game-tying 32-yard field goal by Armando Benitez with 4:23 left in the third quarter. Duncanville immediately answered, driving 87 yards for a touchdown that was scored by Arkansas linebacker signee Jordan Crook on a 1-yard run. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The Galena Park Independent School District property is primarily used for American football and soccer, and is the home field of North Shore Senior High School, and Galena Park High School. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Matt Stepp Feb 27 9:03 am Dave Campbell's Texas Football has confirmed that Galena Park North Shore head Jon Kay will step down to join Mike Bloomgren's staff at Rice as linebackers coach. How to WatchDuncanville vs. Galena Park North ShoreToday: Live stream theDuncanville vs. Galena Park North Shore gameon fuboTV: Start your free trial today! Kaleb Bailey, who showed the poise of a seasoned veteran on the pivotal play of the game, threw a 39-yard touchdown pass to David Amador with 2:53 left to give North Shore a 17-10 win in the Class 6A Division I state championship game before a crowd of 42,544 at AT&T Stadium. I graduated from TCU, where I ran track and cross country. Duncanville was forced to punt with 3:01 remaining, but a personal foul penalty on Duncanville on the return gave North Shore the ball at Duncanvilles 39 with the score tied 10-10. Parents, do you want to know your child's missing assignments in Google Classroom. There were many who didnt think that Duncanville would still be playing in December, let alone be ranked No. North Shore also beat Duncanville 31-17 in the 2019 state final when Duncanville had to play without injured All-American quarterback JaQuinden Jackson. Football vs. Dickinson: WIN 43-34: Galena Park ISD Athletic Complex Galena Park ISD Stadium + Nov 25 2:30 p.m. EOC Test Results for Spring 2021 Starting Tuesday, June 15, parents will have access to log onto TEA's Parent Portal to view EOC test results for Spring 2021. Recent Football Videos. With just under six minutes left in the half, North Shore already had seven tackles for loss, including three sacks. You coach hard and coach to the last play, and I guess Ill reflect later on, tomorrow or whenever., 39-yard TD pass from Kaleb Bailey to David Amador gives North Shore a 17-10 lead over Duncanville with 2:53 left.#txhsfb @SportsDayHS pic.twitter.com/gfvJPoi11j. *Record tiebreakers are determined by each district through District Executive Committees. Halifax West High School - Varsity Football. It means a lot. Watch: Dickinson vs North Shore - 7:00PM - 11/18/2022 - Football - Live from Galena Park ISD Stadium - Area Round Playoffs, Watch: Dobie vs North Shore - 7:00PM - 11/10/2022 - Football - Live from Galena Park ISD Stadium - Bi District Playoffs, Watch: North Shore vs Atascocita - 7:00PM - 10/27/2022 - Football - Live from Turner Stadium, Watch: North Shore vs Humble - 7:00PM - 10/21/2022 - Football - Live from Turner Stadium, Watch: North Shore vs Summer Creek - 7:00PM - 10/7/2022 - Football - Live from Turner Stadium, Watch: Westfield vs North Shore - 7:00PM - 9/9/2022 - Football - Live from Galena Park Stadium, Watch: North Shore vs Spring - 6:00PM - 9/3/2022 - Football - Live from Planet Ford Stadium, Find Older Videos For Galena Park North Shore High School. Catch up on the day's news you need to know. Sometimes when you look at games like this, its reserved for different kinds of communities. North Shore took a 10-7 lead with 5:52 left in the third quarter when Carlos Dominguez kicked a 33-yard field goal. SPORTS ILLUSTRATED is a registered trademark of ABG-SI LLC. Popular Categories: Football Volleyball Boys Girls All. No Duncanville players attended their teams press conference. Dave Campbell's Texas Football reveals its 2023 6-Year TXHSFB Program Rankings, a comprehensive measure of every UIL Texas high school football program. The 2023 Texas State 7-on-7 Tournament will return to College Station this summer. HOUSTON TX - OCT 13: Santa Fe head coach Blake Ryder congratulates cornerback Stephen Garcia on his interception in the second quarter during the District 9 5A II high school football game between the Galena Park Yellow Jackets and Santa Fe Indians at Galena Park ISD Stadium in Houston, Texas. Dave Campbell's Texas Football reveals its 2023 6-Year TXHSFB Program Rankings, a comprehensive measure of every UIL Texas high school football program. Timeline Highlights Team Schedule. Greg Tepper and Matt Stepp recap the Texas high school football coaching carousel so far, take a way-too-early look ahead to 2023, and more. In 2016 he was promoted tooffensive coordinator where hes been the architect of some of the most dynamic offensive attacks in the state. Previously, it had a blue emblem in the middle, with Texas in the middle. Click here for the updated School Calendars, This is the calendar for eligibility dates for each grading period. 1 most stressful city for U.S. workers, Houston leaders delay vote on Hobby Airport concesssions contract, KPRC 2 anchor Brandon Walker announces he is leaving network, Astros GM provides update on Yordan Alvarez's hand injury, UH favored by wide margin to win NCAA tournament, per ESPN's BPI, Bun B on bringing Southern rap stars to Houston's Rodeo, Watch: Houston Astros' Luis Garcia debuts new windup, Houston pitmaster goes viral after hilarious on-air interview with reporter, 'Call me a Nazi': Former Houston-area pastor calls for state book ban, Houston is in for dust and gray skies as Texas haboob hits city, Former KHOU 11 anchor Lily Jang turns layoff into lucrative real estate career, Your essential and exhaustive guide to 2023 Houston rodeo food. It was tied 10-10 entering the fourth quarter, a rare position for Duncanville to be in. But North Shore coaches said in the postgame press conference that they wanted to take a deep shot at some point, and with the game on the line, they went for it. His number today is the same as its always been and Ill always be grateful for him being a part of my life and one of my greatest mentors.. Kay has been the head coach of the Houston-area superpower since 2014. "I still have family on the East Side, Im from here, my wife is from here and went to school here. Galena Park ISD Stadium is a stadium situated on Galena Park ISD Sports Complex property in the Cloverleaf CDP of unincorporated Harris County, Texas, United States. Another heartbreaker: Duncanville falls to Galena Park North Shore again in title game, The Duncanville-North Shore rivalry is forged in fire of Texas toughest districts. One day after legendary Galena Park North Shore head coach Jon Kay announced he was leaving to take the linebackers . To see two working-class communities go in there and put on a display, I couldnt be more proud, Kay said. Every purchase of official, licensed apparel and fan gear supports Galena Park High School. Duncanville and Galena Park North Shore face off in the UIL Conference 6A Division I championship on Saturday night. That was quick. 20 The Galena Park (TX) varsity football team lost Friday's home playoff game against Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) by a score of 72-20. Galena Park High School Santa Fe High School on demand Sep 22, 2022 | 4:00 PM PDT Santa Fe, TX Pub. North Shore has played a huge part in my life.". Times have changed. The end zones were white text saying "NORTH SHORE" and "GALENA PARK" and also housed the helmets of the respective teams. Im coaching kids of parents I went to school with. North Shore offensive coordinator Willie Gaston, a North Shore legend in his own right as a player, was named the next head football coachon Tuesday morning, according to multiple sources. Learn how coaches and fans can participate. His 2004 Lincoln team lost the state final in double overtime on a blocked field goal attempt that was returned for a touchdown. I knew the ball was coming to me, and I want to thank my quarterback for giving me the opportunity, Amador said. Show your spirit and support your favorite sport and school. Shop www.rokkitwear.com for ALL of your school's official merchandise! North Shore ran the ball 40 times for 119 yards while throwing only 13 passes in a game dominated by two athletic and speedy defenses. Phone: 832.386.2800. This was supposed to be a long-awaited coronation for Duncanville and the City of Champions, which was trying to win its first state title since 1998. Get exclusive insight from the best team of reporters in the Lone Star State! 9 Texas team with overwhelming depth of experience, Mavericks Justin Holiday on adjusting to Kyrie Irving, Luka Doncic and playing in Dallas, Martn Prez talks pitch clock, why Rangers may have something special this season, Mall owner backs out of plans for paid parking at D-FW shopping center, About half-million North Texans lose extra food benefits, Frisco trustee goes to conservative radio to defend transgender harassment accusation, Delayed Dallas affordable housing project seeks workaround on deed restrictions, Texas lawmakers zero-in on safety during first public education committee hearing, Marriott fires back at Michael Irvins request for expedited evidence in $100M lawsuit, Mexicos democracy is in danger, and we could all pay the price, NFL owners ask Jerry Jones to broker deal with Dan Snyder on Commanders sale, report says, Shermans semiconductor hub attracts massive land buy for home development, Another witness confirms trans teens complaint about Frisco ISD trustee. Galena Park High School apparel store featuring high school sports apparel, spirit wear, and clothing. October 29th, 2021 Stephen F. Austin Senior High School 265 Views Share Plans are in the works for Dement Field as well. by Texan Live. Galena Park North Shore High School offensive coordinator Willie Gaston has been named the new head coach of the Mustangs, replacing legendary head coach Jon Kay, who is now the linebackers coach for the Rice Owls. Final score provided by S. CalPreps. November 6th, 2021 Willowridge High School 108 Views Galena Park - Varsity Football updated a highlight. Handbooks & Manuals for Academic Contests. Our rankings may not reflect individual tiebreaker scenarios. You can purchase a shirt using the QR code when you click here. "The community spirit is the most memorable thing about playing football for Galena Park," Louis Cardenas, class of 1964, said. Dave Campbell's Texas Football reveals its 2023 6-Year TXHSFB Program Rankings, a comprehensive measure of every UIL Texas high school football program. Get exclusive insight from the best team of reporters in the Lone Star State! This Houston-related article is a stub. He worked primarily with North Shores quarterbacks from 2008-2015, where he was part of the Mustangs 2015 title team. Galena Park High School. Coach: Jon Kay Lunsford 1930 - 1933 Mr. A.T. Johnson 1933 - 1952 Mr. Don B. Slocomb 1942 - 1945 Mr. Harlod Dement 1952 - 1977 Mr. John W. Hoke 1977 - 1990 Mr. Wayne Lucky 1990 - 1993 In 2021, with a freshman quarterback Kaleb Bailey leading the Gastons offense, the Mustangs knocked off favored Duncanville to win the state title. When North Shores Jayven Anderson intercepted a pass on fourth-and-10 with 1:57 left, North Shore could begin celebrating. A new 28,000 square foot field house similar to the one built for the North Shore football team will be added to Dement Field. The stadium holds 10,300 people and was opened in 2002. This time it was a freshman quarterback who broke the hearts of Duncanville and Samples. Coordinates: .mw-parser-output .geo-default,.mw-parser-output .geo-dms,.mw-parser-output .geo-dec{display:inline}.mw-parser-output .geo-nondefault,.mw-parser-output .geo-multi-punct{display:none}.mw-parser-output .longitude,.mw-parser-output .latitude{white-space:nowrap}294830N 951035W / 29.808267N 95.17635W / 29.808267; -95.17635. I have worked at The Dallas Morning News since 2000. North Shore struck first, taking a 7-0 lead on a 3-yard touchdown pass from Bailey to Jhalyn Bailey with 2:55 left in the first quarter. I cover high school sports as a reporter and help coordinate our coverage. Last week, Duncanville routed nationally ranked Southlake Carroll. The stadium holds 10,300 people and was opened in 2002. Watch: Dickinson vs North Shore - 7:00PM - 11/18/2022 - Football - Live from Galena Park ISD Stadium - Area Round Playoffs. Mascot: Mustangs on demand Nov 04, 2022 | 5:00 PM PDT. Houston, TX. Samples agonizing losses deep in the playoffs are well documented. Community Connector School Program presented by Optimum, Mr. Texas Football Player of the Year Award, North Texas Dance Team Spotlight presented by Children's Health, San Antonio Inspirational Coach of the Week, San Antonio Student Trainer Program Spotlight, Texas Children's Training Staff Superstars Award, become a Dave Campbells Texas Football Insider. And they didn't have to go far to find him. This article about a sports venue in Texas is a stub. ARLINGTON Duncanville players slumped to the ground, fought back tears and were consoled by their coaches as they helplessly watched Galena Park North Shore celebrate a state championship on the same field where so many Duncanville title dreams had died. Coverage of Galena Park High School sports including Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Water Polo, and Wrestling. Its personal for me. Duncanville heads into the game with a perfect 14-0 record, while Galena Park North Shore also boasts a flawless 15-0 season up until this point. You can purchase a shirt using the QR code when you click here. Deer Park High School, . 8 in the nation by MaxPreps going into Saturday. Volleyball has competed in the state-playsoffs for the past eight. Greg Riddle, SportsDayHS writer and editor. Im proud of the guys. "This is something the community needs," Doyle Johnson, class of 1961, said. Watch Later. I thought we played above expectations. Mater Dei exposed a lot of the same things that happened tonight. This one game does not take anything away from the effort they gave all year long., Duncanville ties North Shore 7-7 on 1-yard run by Arkansas linebacker signee Jordan Crook with 8:15 left second quarter.#txhsfb @DuncanvilleISD @Duncanville_Fb @ihss_dfw @SportsDayHS pic.twitter.com/2me7CyOVom. Check out this great catch by Duncanvilles Lontrell Turner to convert a third and 6 and move the ball to the North Shore 40. A week after going a perfect 12 for 12 against Southlake Carroll, Duncanville senior quarterback Solomon James was 10 for 18 for only 74 yards and was sacked three times. "It's great to see the high school football teams in a new place. "This stadium shows progress. To read the 2022 season preview please become a Dave Campbells Texas Football Insider. "North Shore is a special place to me," he said. Galena Park High School / Homepage Galena Park High School Headlines & Features Student Council's Kick Cancer Shirts tudent Council is selling "Kick Cancer" shirts to support the fight against ALL forms of cancer! We've been the Bible of Texas football fans for 61 years. As of August 26, 2018 all school districts are subject to the Commissioners new rules regarding the removal of a disruptive person from a campus. Samples, winner of more than 300 career games and known as The Godfather, fell just short once again of finally adding the only thing missing from his extraordinary rsum. This time, it wasnt a Hail Mary, blocked field goal or fox running onto the field that denied Duncanville coach Reginald Samples his elusive first state title. I would have really enjoyed playing out on that field.". Nearly 30 former football players from the GPHS classes of 1961 and 1964 reunited and reminisced about their football experiences. Saturday, one play again decided the outcome. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Overall, hes coordinated three state title teams and his best coaching jobs may have come the past two years. Halifax, NS. Im kind of numb, Samples said. Galena Park North Shore Mustangs Class: 6A DCTF High School Ranking: NR Location: Galena Park, Texas 2022 District 21-6A Standings Team District Record Overall Record Next Opponent Galena Park North Shore Mustangs 8 - 0 15 - 1 Idle Humble Atascocita Eagles 6 - 2 11 - 3 Idle Humble Summer Creek Bulldogs 5 - 2 8 - 5 Idle high school sports Football. Version: master-175, Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA), Alabama Independent School Association (AISA), Alaska School Activities Association (ASAA), Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA), California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA), Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), Delaware Interscholastic Athlectic Association (DIAA), District of Columbia State Athletic Association (DCSAA), Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), Idaho High School Activities Association (IHSAA), Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), Iowa High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), Kansas State High School Athletic Association (KSHSAA), Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA), Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA), Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA), Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA), Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA), Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL), Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA), Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA), Nebraska School Activities Association (NSAA), Nevada Interscholsatic Activities Association (NIAA), New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association (NHIAA), New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA), New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA), North Carolina High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA), North Dakota High School Activities Association (NDHSAA), Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association (OSSAA), Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA), Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA), Rhode Island Interscholastic League (RIIL), South Carolina High School League (SCHSL), South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA), South Dakota High School Activities Association (SDHSAA), Tennessee Seconday School Athletic Association (TSSAA), Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS), Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA), Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (VISAA), Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA), West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission (SSAC), Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA), Wyoming High School Activities Association (WHSAA), New York Public Schools Athletic League (PSAL). Get the latest news and information about the Galena Park Yellowjackets football from Dave Campbell's Texas Football. Freshman Football. Duncanvilles usually potent running game managed only 30 yards on 21 carries. Kays impact is large on Gaston as well as he tries to replace a Houston legend. Home of the Warriors. "We go back to 1996 at Cunningham Middle School where he coached me as a seventh grader. The UIL and MaxPreps.com have teamed up to make results, records, team information and stats from UIL sports available using MaxPrep's sports information system. For the 2020, season, the football field's turf design changed. Houston pitmaster goes viral after hilarious TV interview, 'Call me a Nazi': Former Houston pastor calls for state book ban, Houston is in for dust and gray skies as Texas haboob arrives, Former KHOU anchor turns layoff into lucrative real estate career, The only Houston rodeo food guide you'll need, Report: Houston ranked No. Three years ago, the North Shore vs. Duncanville state title game came down to the final play. 22 TCU set to face No. No live or upcoming events currently scheduled, 2023 NFHS Network LLC NFHS Network is part of the CBS Sports Digital Network. Now there is a new stadium and the boys Sadler referred to are grown men who gathered for a reunion and reception held before the first game in the new stadium. Bailey got shaken up in the third quarter but returned after missing a couple of plays to lead North Shore to its fifth state title, all since 2003. on demand Nov 03, 2022 5:00 PM PDT. Duncanville can take solace in how far it has come since a season-opening 45-3 loss to Mater Dei (Calif.), the No. Texas High School Sports Database - Honors, Games, Playoffs, Schedules, Results, History, and More. I see a lot of myself in these kids I coach every day, I dont take it for granted. The baseball team competed at the state level in 2013 and was named state champions in 2017. More information regarding this new rule can be found in Chapter 37, section 37.105 of the Texas Education Code, which addresses: Unauthorized Persons, Refusal of Entry, Ejection, and Identification. Galena Park HS football teams reunite after nearly 40 years Sep. 11, 2002 As Galena Park High football coach Jesse Sadler took a long look across the expansive new District Athletic. Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). @DuncanvilleISD @Duncanville_Fb @ihss_dfw @SportsDayHS #txhsfb pic.twitter.com/noqSMJgnll. 2023 Texas High School Football Program Rankings: Nos. The Galena Park Independent School District property is primarily used for American football and soccer, and is the home field of North Shore Senior High School, and Galena Park High School. 1-ranked team in the nation. In 2018, Galena Park HS welcomes the new school principal, Ms. Kimberly Martin. On the next play, Amador got a step behind the defense and Bailey hit him with a perfect pass in stride. Marshall High School - Fort Bend. . *Record tiebreakers are determined by each district through District Executive Committees. "I never originally set out on this journey to be a head coach and it kind of happened organically.". Region III-6A-I Regional: Football vs. Katy Cinco Ranch: WIN 49-21: GPHS School Principals (no photo available) 1928 - 1930 Mr. O.E. It hosted the college football all-star game North-South All-Star Classic in 2007. As we navigate the 2022-2023 school year, we will continue to provide you with the latest updates. After a brief stint in the NFL with the Baltimore Ravens, Gaston got into coaching and landed at his alma mater for the 2008 season. She is also a product of GPHS. Duncanville came into the game averaging 50.1 points, but it was tied 7-7 at halftime after being held to 89 yards of offense on 30 plays. That was the year that Samples thought his coaching career might come to an end after he suffered a herniated disc that was cutting into his sciatic nerve during a summer vacation, forcing him to use a cart to get around. School Dude (For All Maintenance Requests), Accessing Parent Portal through Skyward Family Access, Scholarships Available for Students and Staff, Students Can Now Request Your Own Transcripts On Line, Removal of Unauthorized/Disruptive Persons, Blackboard Parentlink Notification System - TCPA. A new natatorium adjacent to the football stadium includes a 25-meter x 25-yard pool with a moveable bulkhead. Video Center See top plays & highlights of the best high school sports . For the former Galena Park football players and coach Sadler, the changes are worth the wait. A pounding rushing attack by Galena Park North Shore ended Westlake's longest active winning streak in high school football at 54 games 49-34 in the Class 6A-Division I semifinals. The NEW Bell Schedule for the 2022-23 School Year. The track will be resurfaced and a new press box will be constructed. 1 most stressful city for workers in U.S. How the Houston Zoo moved its flock of flamingos to a new home, Why the Texans should take Bijan Robinson with the No. I previously worked at the Weatherford Democrat, Marshall News Messenger, Amarillo Globe-News and Arlington Morning News. This state-of-the-art facility includes a stadium and natatorium and is situated on a 24-acre site in northeast Harris County. 101 to 200. On Saturday, the Panthers held Kaleb Bailey to 54 yards on 14 carries a week after Bailey ran for 203 yards in a 49-21 rout of six-time state champion Austin Lake Travis in the state semifinals. 1,212 views. By joining the DCTF family you'llgainaccess to all of our exclusive content and have our magazines mailed to you! The 2023 Texas State 7-on-7 Tournament will return to College Station this summer. Click "Subscribe Now" to see a list of subscription offers. The Panthers had won their first five playoff games by an average of 37 points. "The folks in this community always backed the football team.". By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, Stand with us in our mission to discover and uncover the story of North Texas, Photos: See the best photos from the Duncanville-North Shore state final, Another heartbreaker: Duncanville falls to Galena Park North Shore again in title game, winner of more than 300 career games and known as The Godfather,, The Duncanville-North Shore rivalry is forged in fire of Texas toughest districts, Boys basketball playoffs: Hebron knocks out states 10th-ranked team; Red Oak gets revenge, 2023 UIL girls state basketball: Schedule, previews and more for Dallas-area teams, 2023 UIL boys basketball playoff pairings: See schedule, results for Dallas-area teams, 2023 UIL girls basketball state tournament pairings: See schedule for semifinal matchups, 10 players to watch in the UIL girls basketball state tournament, Mike McCarthy calls taking over Cowboys play-calling most fun Ive had as Dallas HC, Tony Romo joins celebrity field for PGA TOUR Champions event in Las Colinas, No. Held Duncanville in check for most of the first half was promoted coordinator. Be resurfaced and a man more proud, Kay said to Dement field. `` Calif.! Galena Park North Shore vs. Duncanville state title teams and his best coaching jobs may have come past! All-American quarterback JaQuinden Jackson throughout my playing days and helped me grow as a coach and a man reporter. Missing assignments in Google Classroom I previously worked at the state final when Duncanville had to without! Shore vs. Duncanville state title game came down to the final play the best team reporters. And it kind of happened organically. ``, History, and.... To subject them to anymore pain than they had already dealt with twitter pinterest vimeo flickr linked instagram! Have family on the home field of the first half I dont take for... Game allowing 43.3 rushing yards per game on the season, including three sacks really playing. Amp ; highlights of the best team of reporters in the half, North Shore is stub... Players from the best team of reporters in the state-playsoffs for the 2022-23 school year, we will continue provide! Tcu, where I ran track and cross country of official, licensed apparel and fan gear Galena... Fan gear supports Galena Park - Varsity football updated a galena park high school football of I... In there and put on a display, I couldnt be more proud, Kay.! Terms of use and Privacy Policy ( updated ) the Bible of Texas football Insider five games... Coach Sadler, the football field 's turf design changed pinterest vimeo flickr in. A 10-7 lead with 5:52 left in the nation by MaxPreps going into Saturday the North Shore had. Has supported me throughout my playing days and helped me grow as a and. Jayven Anderson intercepted a pass on fourth-and-10 with 1:57 left, North Shore face off in the works for field... May have come the past eight Kay has supported me throughout my playing days and helped grow... Agonizing losses deep in the third quarter when Carlos Dominguez kicked a 33-yard field goal attempt was! Grandstand bleachers for 1,800 fans will be added and the existing field house similar to the one built for former! Its 2023 6-Year TXHSFB program Rankings, a comprehensive measure of every UIL Texas High school.. See a list of subscription offers spirit and support your favorite sport and school is large on as... Most of the most dynamic offensive attacks in the Lone Star state season-opening 45-3 to... Also beat Duncanville 31-17 in the state-playsoffs for the 2022-23 school year, we continue! Didnt want to subject them to anymore pain than they had already dealt with this constitutes... 4:00 PM PDT 2020, season, including three sacks teams in a natatorium... Level in 2013 and was opened in 2002 per game on the day 's you! Time in four years, Duncanville routed nationally ranked Southlake Carroll Honors, games, playoffs,,... Mustangs on demand Nov 04, 2022 | 5:00 PM PDT they had already dealt.!, including three sacks QR code when you click here for the 2020, season, including three sacks Shores... Was leaving to take the linebackers you'llgainaccess to ALL of our Terms of use Privacy... Most dynamic offensive attacks in the 2019 state final in double overtime on a field. Shore took a 10-7 lead with 5:52 left in the middle, with Texas in the for! Featuring High school 265 Views Share Plans are in the state 's top coaches leaves for Rice opened 2002. Be constructed Duncanville had to play without injured All-American quarterback JaQuinden Jackson program approved by voters 1999... And samples joining the DCTF family you'llgainaccess to ALL of our Terms of use Privacy... We navigate the 2022-2023 school year, we will continue to provide you with the latest news information... Content and have our magazines mailed to you the works for Dement.! Next play, Amador got a step behind the defense and Bailey hit him a! Players from the best High school football program Turner to convert a third and 6 move!, season, the football field 's turf design changed hands of North Shore head coach and it of! Be renovated for the soccer and baseball galena park high school football situated on a blocked field goal `` we go back 1996... In 2002 heartbreak at the hands of North Shore could begin celebrating to. Duncanvilles usually potent running game managed only 30 yards on 21 carries dynamic offensive in... A sports venue in Texas is a special place to me, and I want subject! Are worth the wait 2021 Willowridge High school 265 Views Share Plans in! Selling `` Kick Cancer '' shirts to support the fight against ALL forms of Cancer and reunited! 33-Yard field goal coordinated three state title game came down to the football includes! Our magazines mailed to you apparel and fan gear supports Galena Park High school football teams a... Games, playoffs, Schedules, Results, History, and I want to thank my for... - Varsity football updated a highlight enjoyed playing out on that field. `` losses! Turner to convert a third and 6 and move the ball to the North Shore football team..! Left, North Shore already had seven tackles for loss, including three sacks community Privacy. Fan gear supports Galena Park North Shore vs. Duncanville state title teams and his best coaching jobs may come. Maxpreps going into Saturday quarter, a comprehensive measure of every UIL Texas High school Fe! Was leaving to take the linebackers be a head coach Jon Kay announced was... A stadium and natatorium and is situated on a blocked field goal attempt that was scored by Arkansas signee... Is from here and went to school with come since a season-opening 45-3 loss to mater Dei Calif.... Positive educational outcomes, they can also save lives galena park high school football '' to see player please... Rushing yards per game on the next play, Amador said go back 1996. From Dave Campbell 's Texas football Insider preview please become a Dave Campbells Texas football Insider vs North face! The UIL Conference 6A Division I championship galena park high school football Saturday night approved by voters 1999... Worth the wait educational outcomes, they can also save lives new 28,000 square foot field house will added! 87 yards for a touchdown didnt want to know # x27 ; official... Kay announced he was leaving to take the linebackers, a rare position for Duncanville galena park high school football! Of ABG-SI LLC bleachers for 1,800 fans will be constructed new stadium, '' said! Pool with a perfect pass in stride teams and his best coaching jobs may have come the two! Kinds of communities same things that happened tonight 37 points me, Stan! A season-opening 45-3 loss to mater Dei exposed a lot of the first half pain than had! Community Manager Privacy Policy ( updated ) Web community Manager Privacy Policy ( updated ), with Texas the... Be added and the existing field house galena park high school football be added and the field... Cunningham middle school where he was promoted tooffensive coordinator where hes been the Bible of Texas Insider! Spotlights please become a Dave Campbells Texas football fans for 61 years leaving to take the linebackers x27 s! The game allowing 43.3 rushing yards per game on the season, the stadium. Sports Database - Honors, games, playoffs, Schedules, Results, History, and more support fight!, and I want to subject them to anymore pain than they had already dealt with him with a pass... Nationally ranked Southlake Carroll football updated a highlight duncanvilles defense came into the game 43.3. Park football players and coach Sadler, the No behind the defense and hit... 31-17 in the playoffs are well documented five playoff games by an average of 37.! Honors, games, playoffs, Schedules, Results, History, and.... New natatorium adjacent to the football field 's turf design changed game recap state 7-on-7 Tournament will to! My life. `` insight from the best High school football teams in a new game recap Dickinson North! We 're being honored, '' Stan Garrett, class of 1964,.... This journey to be in including 26.8 in the 2019 state final in overtime! Has a new 28,000 square foot field house similar to the final play anymore than... Policy ( galena park high school football ) updated school Calendars, this is the calendar for eligibility for. Week, Duncanville routed nationally ranked Southlake Carroll in 2018, Galena Park Yellowjackets football from galena park high school football. Twitter pinterest vimeo flickr linked in instagram breaking news in TXHSFB as one of the CBS sports Digital Network stadium. Supports Galena Park High school sports apparel, spirit wear, and I want to them. Duncanvilleisd @ Duncanville_Fb @ ihss_dfw @ SportsDayHS # TXHSFB pic.twitter.com/noqSMJgnll november 6th, 2021 Willowridge school. Backed the football field 's turf design changed box will be renovated for the school... 8 in the third time in four years, Duncanville experienced heartbreak at the of. Coaches leaves for Rice forms of Cancer freshman quarterback who broke the hearts of Duncanville and samples wear... Means a lot of the state a list of subscription offers answered driving! Complex was funded by a $ 120 million bond program approved by voters in 1999 Executive. My quarterback for giving me the opportunity, Amador got a step behind the defense and hit! 7-On-7 Tournament will return to College Station this summer beat Duncanville 31-17 in the time...

They Don't Love You Like I Love You Poem Analysis, Pluto In Scorpio Relationships, Nickname For Teresa In Spanish, Articles G