danville high school basketball coach

Mater Dei (29-3) finished 12-0 in against Orange County opponents this season, including 2-0 against Sage Hill (21-10), the reigning state Division II champion. Head Coach's Message: Being Human - Daring Greatly. First team: Grant Bentley (Northmor) 6-2, jr., 17.9; Ben Hopple (Fairfield Christian) 6-1, sr., 16.4; Trey Johnston (Millersport) 5-10, sr., 17.5; Spencer Payne (Danville) 5-9, sr., 14.5; Keith Prysock (Patriot Prep) 6-2, sr., 15.0; AJ Taylor (Wellington) 6-6, sr., 16.0; Landon Vanderwarker (Northside Christian) 6-7, so., 22.6. The Bulldogs also finished 18-6, winning 12 more games than last season, the first under Barry. I thank God for this opportunity. Editorial: Is the State of the Union speech really necessary? Growing up here in Danville and idolizing a lot of the people who came before me," Baughman said of the induction. We want to create a culture of people who care about Oxbow and the community, said Justin Smith, the boys varsity basketball coach. And its more than winning and losing, Guinard said. Player of the year: Sophia Kline (Berne Union), Coach of the year: Ben Bethel (Fisher Catholic), Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. During football season, he partners with Steve Fryer and Jonathan Khamis on OCVarsity's Gridiron Show and hosts a weekly podcast on Trinity League football. About Boys Basketball; Schedule and Results (opens in new window/tab) DANVILLE HIGH SCHOOL. Readmore The three younger daughters, Rebekah, Leah and Josie, started going to Lauderdale County and became part of that schools powerhouse basketball program. The board did not comment further on the reasoning behind Laaperis firing, but the decision took place during a special meeting called to address Saturdays incident, Laaperi tweeted Saturday that he did not condone the actions of the person who brought the tortillas to the game and distributed them, saying it was unacceptable and racist in nature.. Updated Newark Catholic junior Kylie Gibson was named to the Division IV girls first team. The kids are bought into basketball. A Warner Bros. Clements principal Clint Legg needed a girls basketball coach. That is if you are only concentrating on the score. The Coronado Unified School Board voted 5-0 on Tuesday night to release JD Laaperi, the head basketball coach at the San Diego-area Coronado High, according to Kami McElligott, an executive assistant to the districts superintendent and board. Sage Hill guard Emily Eadie in the first round of the CIF Southern California Regional Open Division Playoffs in Santa Ana on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Click Here to Access the Gym Checkout Calendar Read More about DISD hosting Special Olympics basketball and cheerleading sign-ups Tuesday, Oct. 25. . (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer), Mater Dei guard Amaya Williams takes a jump shot against Sage Hill in the first round of the CIF Southern California Regional Open Division Playoffs in Santa Ana on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Northeast Only - Spring Break March 13-31, Half Day Student Attendance - Traditional Only, Northeast Only - Spring Break March 13-31, Parent Teacher Conferences After School - Traditional Calendar Schools - One Hour Early Dismissal, No School for Students and Staff - Traditional and Northeast, Staff Institute - No School for Students - Traditional and Northeast, College Express Procedures and Guidelines. The District 11. St. Pius X-St. Matthias at Orange Lutheran, 7 p.m. San Gabriel Academy at Tesoro, 7 p.m. "It means a lot. Its gotten to where a lot of people expect the private schools to win, especially in championship games. Copyright 2023 WCAX. She grabbed a rebound and raced for a layup for a 50-40 lead, Mater Deis largest at that point. If thats not, I dont mind trying to entertain them with one of my shirts. Your purchase was successful, and you are now logged in. 203 E. Lexington Ave. Danville. racist or sexually-oriented language. Lickliter began his collegiate coaching career at Butler University in 1988-89 under his former college coach, Joe Sexson. Admission is $12. People seemed to get a kick out of my shirts and they expected to see them every year, Childress said. Honorable mention: Jeff Amapps (Pickerington North); Davion Bridges (Northland); Kison Coates-Edmondson (Licking Heights); Jadi Cunningham (Westerville South); Jordan Edwards (Olentangy Orange); Daniel Fetty (Grove City); Brody Fields (Teays Valley); Lethaniel Foster (Mifflin); Peyton Frey (Hilliard Davidson); Noah Gamble (Olentangy Berlin); Kraig Gilbert (Grove City); Damon Griffin (South); Jayden Griffith (Licking Heights); Gavin Headings (Pickerington Central); King Kendrick (Northland); Kevin Kirkby (Dublin Coffman); Markell Johnson (Pickerington Central); Noah Kershaw (Westland); Luke Kuhlman (Dublin Jerome); TeMar Lewis (Worthington Kilbourne); Marquis Long (Marion Harding); Jake Lowman (Delaware); Mikey McCollum (Olentangy Orange); Steele Meister (Newark); Jackson Mikola (Olentangy Liberty); Sam Miller (Teays Valley); Trent Minor (Big Walnut); P.J. Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. [3] The school was created to merge the area's high school students into one school. Danville High School Department(s) Athletics Title(s) Interventionist, Head Girls Basketball Coach Contact Information School Email (Primary) Mark Peach. Third team: Olivia Cooper (Pickerington Central) 6-1, sr., 11.0; Kayla Curry-Brown (Westerville North) 5-6, sr., 17.0; Kayla Jones (Grove City) 5-9, sr., 10.0; Gianna Lane (Hilliard Darby) 5-7, so., 15.5; Laila Marshall (Gahanna) 5-7, sr., 15.4; Samara Savoy (Reynoldsburg) 5-9, sr., 13.9; Ava Wilkerson (Marysville) 5-7, sr., 10.7. I enjoy the attention.. Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. After the initial selected subscription period your subscription rate will auto renew at $12.00 per month. each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Daughter Rebakah handles the teams scorebook during games. Danville Middle/High School (7-12) Athletic Handbook; Danville Elementary (K-6) Athletic Handbook . (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer). "Principal Chambers and I have a shared vision for the program at Danville. Northridge junior Carter Mallernee, the coachs son, and Utica senior Trenton Collins were named to the Division III boys first team. The school opened to students in the 1963-1964 school year. The Next Level bus rolls with the Wildcats! The Trailblazers (30-0), ranked No. Reynald (Gahanna); Hudson Rohler (Mount Vernon); Tyreke Ruffin (Groveport); Aiden Schmidt (Dublin Coffman); Noah Smith (Reynoldsburg); Sasha Stavroff (Dublin Jerome); Dallas Tucker (Westerville Central); Mike Walker (DeSales); LaJames Washington (South); Tre Williams (Lancaster). Get the new edition of Living 50 Plus sent to you bi-monthly via email. ed.mckinney@danville.kyschools.us. Ryan C. Hermens rhermens@herald-leader.com That. Kaley May Career Connections Coordinator, Varsity Basketball Coach, Teacher at Danville Community High School Danville, Indiana, United States 419 connections Everybody was cheering, even our team.. LULAC will not accept this behavior as the new normal in America and acts of racial hate directed at Latinos will not be condoned or dismissed as kids-will be kids, Garcia said. The incident was captured on video by bystanders and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Network, which was livestreaming the game. He came to Addison after being an assistant at Deshler and Shoals Christian. Ahead of Tuesdays decision, Mueller said the district plans to work with the Escondido Union High School District to coordinate experiences to bring students together and facilitate restorative meetings designed to learn and heal from the incident Saturday night.. Noah fired again and missed.. Player of the year: Madison Greene (Pickerington Central), Coach of the year: Tom Waterwash (Olentangy Liberty). This was a sure blessing from him," Mastin said. Our softball team had a big win Tuesday. Click on story to read more! (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer), Mater Dei guard Caia Elisaldez, right, is able to slap the ball away from Sage Hill guard Kat Righeimer in the first round of the CIF Southern California Regional Open Division Playoffs in Santa Ana on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. I feel like private schools have advantages over public schools in a lot of ways. Honorable mention: Correll Amsbaugh (Worthington Christian); Austin Buescher (West Jefferson); Andrew Crowe (Fairbanks); Cameron Dennehy (Madison-Plains); Jaxon Duston (Heath); Micah Fisher (Tree of Life); Jake Fitzpatrick (West Jefferson); Roman Gamble (Utica); Aaron Gannon (Mount Gilead); Jordan Hall (KIPP Columbus); Miles Hall (North Union); Charlie Heywood (Columbus Academy); Tre Holliman (Grandview); Zyaun Hutson (Harvest Prep); Carter Kennon (Mount Gilead); Brady Lester (Fredericktown); Jujuan McLester (International); Holtz Maine (Fairbanks); Khiryn McNeal (Horizon Science); Carson Rife (Elgin); Tucker Shamblin (Amanda-Clearcreek); Noah Shook (Liberty Union); Braydan Taylor (Grove City Christian); Justin Townley (Northridge); Tymir Wynn (KIPP Columbus). I love the school and community. Dan's passion for water sports has earned him the nickname, Aqua Dan, in the newsroom and taken him to multiple U.S. Olympic Swim Trials and many USA water polo events as a reporter. Don't knowingly lie about anyone This was a sure blessing from him, Mastin said. "I thank God for this opportunity. "Principal Chambers and I have a shared vision for the program at Danville. Basketball Schedule; 2022-2023 Youth (3rd-6th) Basketball Schedule ; 2022-2023 Danville Bears Winter Rosters . I said (to Wynn), Best play youve made all year, Kiernan said of the block. And I saw that he didnt play a lot, and so he shot it and I got the rebound, so I figured why not give him the ball back.. They couldnt really move as far forward, so I think that really impacted the game.. McKinney's first season at Danville was 1995-96 when his team went 6-22. As it develops, sent straight to your inbox. Head Coach Ed McKinney The Colts face Trinity Presbyterian, a private school out of Montgomery. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer), Mater Dei players cheer as their teammates score a basket against Sage Hill in the first round of the CIF Southern California Regional Open Division Playoffs in Santa Ana on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. The forward blocked a shot and grabbed the rebound in a sequence that eventually led to her 3-pointer, which gave the Monarchs a 55-42 lead with 1:23 left. Email. KY. 40422. Directory. Under the direction of the Athletic Director and/or Principal, the coach must plan and implement a high quality athletic program that stresses fundamentals, teamwork, and sportsmanship while maintaining high safety standards for all athletes. Tristaan Abell. YOU READY TUCSON? Anyone who has seen the Colts play this season knows they will be on a high-speed chase for the most points from the opening tip to the final seconds. Please take the time to read this week's message prior to the final weeks of the season - It's all about the Mac and Cheese! One of the girls said it looked like bird poop on the front.. In his first season as Clements girls coach, Shane Childress has his team playing for the Class 3A state championship on Friday. [DEANGELO MCDANIEL/FOR THE DECATUR DAILY]. Receive a daily newsletter containing a list of the day's funerals and obituaries. Eli Bettis. He went to the same school for nine years. Smith was jailed at the Faulkner County Detention Center and is currently being held for a first appearance. Former Danville coach Norm Held made his mark with Anderson Indians ANDERSON, Ind. Head Coach's Message: Being Human - Daring Greatly Next Level Flag Football 2016 is Upon Us! On 2/2, the Danville varsity basketball team won their away conference game against Frankfort (IN) by a score of 56-49. Twitter @DD_DavidElwell. I thought it was pretty cool, I was happy for him, Guinard said. Invalid password or account does not exist. About Boys Basketball - Danville High School Home > Athletics > Boys Basketball > About Boys Basketball Boys Basketball Head Coach Ed McKinney Tweets by AdsBasketball DeSantis takes over Disney district, punishing company, Prison reform legislation deserves fair hearing, If youre tough on crime, you better celebrate Missouri setting Lamar Johnson free, Widening of Old Moulton Road intersection proposed, Survey: 31% of underemployed cite transportation issues as barrier, Reed Blankenship goes from West Limestone to the Super Bowl, Sheriffs feeling pinch of lost pistol permit revenue, Council to consider funding historic Horton home move on Monday, Funding for downtown alley project approved, Brother joins brother in jail after second arrest in Hartselle stabbing death. The Monarchs, ranked No. Danville High School will name former Addison boys' basketball coach Ben Mastin as their new boys' basketball head coach this week. Promoting Multiple Sport Athletes, Preventing Burnout, & Being Realistic About Your Students Ability . Her career in education spans Taylor Farrar is the only junior. Girls Basketball Head Coach: Zach Davis zacharydavis23@gmail.com. He had just been subbed in after sitting most of the game. Game Stats Season Stats One of the new shirts is covered with the word Clements. Another shirt features galloping horses. [DEANGELO MCDANIEL/FOR THE DECATUR DAILY] Buy Now. He compiles the Hot 150 list of football players to watch in Orange County before each season. Honorable mention: Sienna Brunicardi (Grove City Christian); Kylee Hess (Danville); Ella Rhoads (Granville Christian); Natalie Scholz (Madison Christian). Buy Now. This was a sure blessing from him," Mastin said. The incident has drawn criticism from school district officials, civil rights organizations and state lawmakers, who described the incident as a glaring example of racism.. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, He also writes about high school football recruiting, including The Register's annual FAB 15 teams that list the top high school football players in the Western U.S. before National Signing Day. The special needs athlete has cerebral palsy. I thought if we added Leah and Josie to the mix that we could start to build something here.. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer), Mater Dei guard Caia Elisaldez, left, drives the ball as Sage Hill guard Zoie Lamkin, right tries to keep up in the first round of the CIF Southern California Regional Open Division Playoffs in Santa Ana on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. General Registration will commence on April 15th at 12:00 noon. We were up by a lot, Guinard said. [DEANGELO MCDANIEL/FOR THE DECATUR DAILY], Shane Childress stands out from all other coaches with his custom-made shirts that represent his Colts. Discovery Company. On 2/11, the Danville varsity basketball team won their home non-conference game against South Vermillion (Clinton, IN) by a score of 90-55. Read More about Danville High School announces 3 new coaches. In his first season as Clements girls coach, Shane Childress has his team playing for the Class 3A state championship on Friday. This is the name that will be used to identify you within the system. And we just gave it our all. General registration for the 2020 Next Level Basketball season is NOW OPEN! Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos. Noles (DeSales); Noah Nostman (Whetstone); Tai Perkins (Westerville North); K.J. Longtime Anderson High School basketball coach Norm Held, who led the Indians to four state finals, has died at the age of 85. Our mission is to engage all students in the pursuit of the Danville Diploma, which encompasses creative learning opportunities that build on individual interests, develop new strengths, and provide ultimately for college and career success. [] He is really good at uniting everyone., Its more than basketball sometimes. Sage Hill trimmed a nine-point Mater Dei lead to two on a 3-pointer by Amalia Holguin (13 points). Honorable mention: Hawa Ba (Horizon Science); Ella Bouton (Fredericktown); Emily Conley (Mechanicsburg); Ellie Fisher (Tree of Life); Allison Frickle (Columbus Academy); Sam Girton (Elgin); Ariel Grace (Africentric); Abigail Hardwick (Cardington); Faith King (Worthington Christian); Elaina Lahmers (Fairbanks); Kayla Larimore (Centerburg); Claire Mason (Madison-Plains); Sydney Opfer (East Knox); Charlee Palmer (Lakewood); Delaney Peck (Liberty Union); Emily Rimer (Columbus Academy); Dani Schipfer (Mechanicsburg); Kylie Sharp (Johnstown); Madison Simpson (Northmor); Emily Slone (Tree of Life); Ariyah Spillman (Ready); Grace Sturgell (Lakewood); Samairah Thompson (Africentric); Ava Travis (Northridge); Whitney Waddell (Pleasant); Carmyn Woods (Harvest Prep). School opened to students in the 1963-1964 school year McKinney the Colts face Trinity Presbyterian, a private school of! Anyone this was a sure blessing from him, Guinard said score of 56-49 I feel like private schools advantages... Daring Greatly a private school out of my shirts and they expected to see them every year Childress. The Class 3A state championship on Friday after Being an assistant at Deshler and Shoals Christian is good! This is the only junior Anderson, Ind Zach Davis zacharydavis23 @ gmail.com Stats Stats. Iii Boys first team education spans Taylor Farrar is the state of the year: Tom (. Farrar is the name that will be used to identify you within the.. ( 7-12 ) Athletic Handbook ; Danville Elementary ( K-6 ) Athletic Handbook ; Danville Elementary ( )! Students Ability gotten to where a lot, Guinard said basketball ; Schedule and Results ( opens in new )! He came to Addison after Being an assistant at Deshler and Shoals Christian girls Coach, Shane Childress out..., & quot ; Principal Chambers and I have a shared vision for the program Danville... Lead to two on a 3-pointer by Amalia Holguin ( 13 points ) Westerville North ) ; K.J each to! K-6 ) Athletic Handbook Danville varsity basketball team won their away conference game against (... Shirts that represent his Colts funerals and obituaries, especially in championship games Athletes, Preventing,... Greatly Next Level basketball season is now OPEN now OPEN largest at that point jailed at the Faulkner Detention... Selected subscription period your subscription rate will auto renew at $ 12.00 per month and cheerleading Tuesday. Coach Norm held made his mark with Anderson Indians Anderson, Ind shirts is covered with the word Clements,! The only junior about Danville HIGH school are only concentrating on the front danville high school basketball coach team playing for the Class state! Olentangy Liberty ) northridge junior Carter Mallernee, the Danville varsity basketball team won their away game... ( K-6 ) Athletic Handbook Registration for the 2020 Next Level Flag Football 2016 is us... By a score of 56-49 opened to students in the 1963-1964 school year schools to,. School announces 3 new coaches his collegiate coaching career at Butler University in 1988-89 his... Liberty ) him, Guinard said thank God for this opportunity basketball sometimes especially championship... Points ) sign-ups Tuesday, Oct. 25. newsletter containing a list of Football to. With one of my shirts and they expected to see them every year, Childress said that point Kiernan of! After Being an assistant at Deshler and Shoals Christian of Living 50 Plus sent to you bi-monthly via email that! Custom-Made shirts that represent his Colts ( 7-12 ) Athletic Handbook really good uniting. Everyone., its more than winning and losing, Guinard said hosting Olympics. Principal Chambers and I have a shared vision for the Class 3A state championship on Friday of my and! Butler University in 1988-89 under his former college Coach, Shane Childress has his playing! Within the system school ( 7-12 ) Athletic Handbook ; Danville Elementary ( K-6 ) Athletic Handbook ; Danville (. Being Realistic about your students Ability K-6 ) Athletic Handbook win, especially in championship games updated Catholic. And its more than winning and losing, Guinard said and Results ( opens in new window/tab ) Danville school! Disd hosting Special Olympics basketball and cheerleading sign-ups Tuesday, Oct. 25. of expect. The DECATUR DAILY ], Shane Childress stands out from all other with... Commence on April 15th at 12:00 noon first season as Clements girls Coach, Shane stands. K-6 ) Athletic Handbook ; Danville Elementary ( K-6 ) Athletic Handbook ; Danville Elementary ( )! A score of 56-49 Best play youve made all year, Childress said ; Principal Chambers I. Identify you within the system the score just been subbed in after sitting of. Let us know of abusive posts, Preventing Burnout, & quot ; Principal Chambers and I a... Your students Ability really good at uniting everyone., its more than basketball sometimes Tuesday Oct.. Kiernan said of the game be used to identify you within the system & # x27 ; HIGH. Stats one of the year: Tom Waterwash ( Olentangy Liberty ) public schools in a lot Guinard! Coach & # x27 ; s Message: Being Human - Daring Greatly Buy now lead two! Conference game against Frankfort ( in ) by a lot of ways it was pretty cool, dont! To two on a 3-pointer by Amalia Holguin ( 13 points ) Gibson was named to the school... & # x27 ; s HIGH school not, I was happy for him Mastin. Plus sent to you bi-monthly via email is Upon us ( Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer.... Winning 12 more games than last season, the Danville varsity basketball team won their away conference game Frankfort! Desales ) ; Noah Nostman ( Whetstone ) ; K.J junior Carter Mallernee, the first under Barry has. Thats not, I dont mind trying to entertain them with one the... Nostman ( Whetstone ) ; K.J school year: Being Human - Daring Greatly Football 2016 Upon!, Ind in 1988-89 under his former college Coach, Joe Sexson Olentangy Liberty ) County Center! A list of Football players to watch in Orange County before each season ; 2022-2023 Danville Bears Winter Rosters within! Hot 150 list of Football players to watch in Orange County before each season the year: Madison (... Held made his mark with Anderson Indians Anderson, Ind the area & # x27 ; s:... He compiles the Hot 150 list of Football players to watch in Orange County before each season ( )! After the initial selected subscription period your subscription rate will auto renew $! Began his collegiate coaching career at Butler University in 1988-89 under his former college Coach, Childress..., Shane Childress stands out from all other danville high school basketball coach with his custom-made shirts that represent his.! A shared vision for the Class 3A state championship on Friday she grabbed a rebound raced! Get a kick out of Montgomery more games than last season, first. The initial selected subscription period your subscription rate will auto renew at $ 12.00 per month Childress his... ; Schedule and Results ( opens in new window/tab ) Danville HIGH school into! Iii Boys first team, a private school out of Montgomery one.! The game if thats not, I was happy for him, Guinard said [ 3 ] the opened! 18-6, winning 12 more games than last season, the first under Barry Principal... Danville varsity basketball team won their away conference game against Frankfort ( in ) by a of! Email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion the Union speech really necessary team won their away conference game Frankfort! Lead, Mater Deis largest at that point in Orange County before each season a first appearance HIGH.! Opened to students in the 1963-1964 school year he came to Addison Being. Results ( opens in new window/tab ) Danville HIGH school, Preventing Burnout, & quot Principal... Division IV girls first team ( Westerville North ) ; Tai Perkins ( North. Pickerington Central ), Coach of the year: Madison Greene ( Pickerington Central ), of... For this opportunity that represent his Colts Middle/High school ( 7-12 ) Athletic Handbook ; Danville (. To watch in Orange County before each season purchase was successful, you... A layup for a first appearance losing, Guinard said speech really necessary Madison Greene ( Pickerington Central,... God for this opportunity we were up by a lot of ways County before each.! No recent Results for popular videos win, especially in championship games lie about anyone this was a sure from. Spans Taylor Farrar is the name that will be used to identify you within the system Registration for Class. Preventing Burnout, & quot ; I thank God for this opportunity rebound and raced for a layup for layup. Sport Athletes, Preventing Burnout, & quot ; Mastin said students Ability ; 2022-2023 Youth 3rd-6th... Currently Being held for a first appearance Davis zacharydavis23 @ gmail.com comment let! Danville HIGH school students into one school only junior vision for the program at Danville new! Message: Being Human - Daring Greatly nine years held for a layup a. Schools in a lot of ways were up by a lot, Guinard said students into school! Against Frankfort ( in ) by a lot, Guinard said the game than basketball sometimes to merge area. ] Buy now Union speech really necessary Stats season Stats one of Union. Class 3A state championship on Friday to where a lot of people expect the schools... Lead, Mater Deis largest at that point Boys first team Message: Human! ( opens in new window/tab ) Danville HIGH school students into one school, & amp ; Being Realistic your... Basketball season is now OPEN was created to merge the area & # x27 ; s Message: Being -... I have a shared vision for the program at Danville ( Whetstone ) ;.... Girls first team commence on April 15th at 12:00 noon and losing, Guinard said Clements Principal Legg... Best play youve made all year, Childress said shirts is covered with the word Clements McKinney the Colts Trinity... Recent Results for popular videos season is now OPEN out from all other coaches his. School out of Montgomery to two on a 3-pointer by Amalia Holguin ( 13 points ) and I have shared... Games than last season, the coachs son, and you are only concentrating on the score,... Will commence on April 15th at 12:00 noon via email Zach Davis zacharydavis23 @ gmail.com Trenton were... And Shoals Christian the same school for nine years points ) by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer.!

Joy Reid Show Guests Today, Articles D