cox contour box stuck on welcome screen

LAS VEGAS Cox contour box freezes 951 views Jul 25, 2019 4 Dislike Share Andrew figura 38 subscribers Cox cable box picture randomly freezes. Can you get into your modem and post your modem levels? You can try restarting it and see if that fixes the issue. Software Its nice to have all your streaming services in one place, ready to watch. Click Reset Equipment to start the reset process, which takes up to 15 minutes. Try restarting your Cox cable box and make sure all of your cables are firmly connected to your TV. Privacy Policy. Settings Preferences. The amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to my TVs (3) and to the cable modem. Those have even more problems because they overheat. Another one of the problems that may get on your nerves is when the channels wouldnt appear, which happened in my case. This can fix most slowdowns. The reset process of the set-up box will begin shortly. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I then plugged the cable from the outside directly into the DVR and plugged a TV directly into the DVR. Editorials The device will play the previous channel. Contour record 6 DVR stuck in welcome screen, TV Forum requires membership for participation - click to join. fc-falcon">cox contour box stuck on welcome screen. This happens after a minute in Fast Forward or Rewind. Thats one of the first things the phone support tech will ask. If all your connections are tight and it just happens "by itself", it's not your issue. Have you found a solution. For accessing most Xfinity services, youll need to create an Xfinity ID. Press the Xfinity button. Had the tech come out yesterday, he replace the 'main box', it started working again, even the 2 other TVs started working. I thought this was oddsince the first DVR box is 5.00/mo. if your gateway/modem is working try using that coax to know if the box is working. Wait for 10 seconds until the gateways front panel flashes. Power cycle the modem and router for 60 seconds, then plug it back in. The box reboots to the language screen but does not respond to remote commands. I was told the TV box gets it's signal from the DVR box in order to work. Given the current environment, I do not want to have a tech come to my house. A TV receiver reset may take up to 15 minutes. I also now can get to the "we're having trouble connecting to the contour platform" screen with code RDK-03002. You can also download the app from the official website of Cox. Weve all experienced slow internet with Cox Cable. So, I have put the CSMAPDU9VP back into service. I don't want to waste the price of a service call to have then do something I can do myself at a store 3 miles away. Even with the latest and greatest equipment, Wi-Fi signals will still get weaker the farther you are from a router or if your signal has to pass through concrete or brick walls. Tried to turn on the TV and was greeted with the "Welcome" message and the LED display on the box said "boot". Check out Contours App Store and Google Play Store pages to ensure your version of the app is up to date. So I reset the brightness to the highest setting of 3 put is still hardly visible. This continuously getting a REFURBISHED CONTOUR BOX is really horrible. Then, follow the remaining steps listed above. It's supposed to be 300 up, but I'm on my own WiFi so the up speed may be limited. I also had my landline stop working. Dont worry. Check out our Cox outage guide for your full list of options. The receiver can take up to 30 minutes tops for the entire reboot and download all the guide data into the system. Bienvenido. Editorials Keep that in mind. Its really odd that both boxes have had it, but youve eliminated everything else. Ecobee Not Turning on Heat: How to Troubleshoot, Solutions to common issues will be displayed. Slideshows Today my DVR would not display any channels. But keep in mind that thisll wipe any saved network settings. Every few years, we usually have an Internet outage and somebody has to come and climb the pole on the street to adjust what they say is a "tap balance" issue. UPATE: Speed test reports 167 Up and 12 down. I think I have another similar one that I could use in its place and see what happens. and our Does it work if you take the dvr to where one of the smaller boxes are? Disconnect the set-top box and wait for 10 seconds. The first way to fix Cox problems is to reset the modem. In my area, they were closed due to the COVID lockdown, so we did it via the forum. 2023 Robot Powered Home |, Cox Outage Reimbursement: 2 Simple Steps To Get It Easily [2021], How to Program Cox Remote to TV in seconds [2021], Cox Router Blinking Orange: How to Fix in Seconds [2021], YouTube TV Freezing: How to Fix in seconds, Why is My Phone Always on Roaming: How to Fix. Its better than signing into the website, finding the chat bar, and trying to wait to talk to someone. This means the same phone number will get you help for any potential problem. If it still doesn't work then. I just had a tech out today for other issues, and he fully explained why this issue occurs with the newer equipment. Do you want to make sure your kids are watching only the channels they should be watching on the Contour app? Its just basic cable programming, plus some extras. RobotPoweredHome.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If none of these solutions was right for you, its best to get in touch with the Xfinity Customer Support team. Bienvenido. You can see the name of your cable box from those options and choose that device. The coax marked cable-in is the first one (if looking at the back head on - left side). Bienvenido. Then, plug it back in. Voila! Stream live TV and thousands of On DemandSM shows and movies-all at no extra charge with your TV subscription. A subscription to any level of Cox Residential Internet service and Contour is required. Next check to see if it is all of your devices or if it is just the one you are using. Its a lot easier than calling customer support too. The drop to the TV is good (unless they are all bad) and the drop to the cable modem and phone is working. Its possible that the fault is with your Xfinity Remote. None of this occurred! You must unplug it long enough for that battery to drain also. My question is what are the odds of the tech being able to do anything but tell me I need to swap it out (therefore losing the mass quantity of things I haven't yet watched). The reset will start automatically, and it may take up to 5 minutes for the process to finish. I so appreciate your time in helping me with this issue. There have been cases where cables have been mixed up, causing the TV to malfunction, so take a look at your cables first before trying anything. 0 Kudos. . Click the RIGHT arrow button and then click OK. Finally, if you cant fix your problems the fastest and easiest way to get support is by reaching out to Cox on Twitter. A TV receiver reset may take up to 15 minutes. Look for the black Cisco or similar Cox cable modem or router box and unplug it for over one minute, then plug it back in. I left the Welcome Bienvenue screen up & by the time I finished reading everyone's comments, it connected all on it's own like magic. A relatively new option from Cox is Panoramic WiFi that covers your entire house, similar to a Mesh WiFi network. TypicalComcast. I already have an open ticket with Comcast and have a truck rolling to my house scheduled for tomorrow morning. The old one never gets past "boot" but the new one gets stuck at "1Pst". Your set-top box will be rebooted in a few seconds. Plug the modem back into the outlet. It makes no sense to me. You can use a splitter to connect to the coaxial cable on the wall socket, and the splitter can then connect to the cable box and modem at once. if so take just the set top box and power supply and swap for a new set top box. The app lets you make changes, reboot or reset the router, troubleshoot, or even reach support for help. I've unplugged each and restarted. .css-1d89nre{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:hover{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:focus{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-79cmum{line-height:85px !important;}Home. And here, we tackle those problems with a simple reset of the cable box. I figured that if the cable at the street was out, I would not get Internet. Finally, press the Power button to restart your device. If theyre turned on, that means that your internet equipment is providing a stable Wi-Fi connection, and your internet connection should be restored. From My Services, navigate to the MyTV option given under it. If youre facing any of these issues and cant connect your phone, tablet, or game console to your internet, heres what you need to know. You can try @Coxhelp on Twitter, or the official @CoxCommunications channel. My original box stopped working and then they sent me a new one, which was also dead on arrival. But it sounds like this is somthing else. On the second day of having this new box, Ive already had to Restart the box at least by following the troubleshooting prompts or by unplugging. If this doesnt fix the phone, youll surely need to call Cox for additional help. I have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot. Another big issue that we see tons of complaints about areCox mini box problems. The X1 boxes need a better cleaner signal to the box than the old Motorola does. Bienvenue" loop. Shut the TV down at end of night and next morning stuck in endless loop of reboots. Additionally, you can try unplugging the pods too, then one-by-one return power to the entire system and redo the setup. These days, problems come in multiple forms. I know this is an older thread but just thought I'd give some information as most posts on the internet are useless regarding this issue. Then, you might notice some channels are missing. If you have the login credentials to the Xfinity account, go to xfinity.com/equipmentupdate and follow the instructions given. Better yet, buy a real Mesh WiFi Router for better results. Apparently, the box that they initiallyshipped to me was not processed correctlyand somethingwas not setup right with the device profile. So I suggest everyone ask to get the 'main box' replaced. 2 years ago. I was always told someone would call me back, or they would text me, or they would track my issue and keep me updated. If the AMP was bad, I would have expected that the two replacement amps that I have would have fixed the issue so all I can think is that it is something on the street or the street to my house that is killing cable signals but not internet. Select Troubleshoot. All over-the-top OTT apps count towards your Cox service data usage. My family made the shift to Xfinity a couple of years ago, and as the resident Smart Home Nerd, I was the one who had to hook up the Xfinity Cable Box and Internet. Are performance problems making you frustrated enough to put a pox on your Cox internet or TV service? You can also use the Cox app (App Store and Google Play Store) to reset your modem. qg. (I failed to record the error code). In the app, go to My TV under the My Services tab. It seemed to work and I have not had an issue with my TV box since. Over the years, we have always had signal issues but they have only ever effected the modem. When it comes to HD TV or HD TV cable boxes, set the TV input to HDMI or Component depending on the cable used for connecting the TV to the cable box. On the Comspcope, I have the TVs connected to 4, 8, and 6. #1 I can hear everything, change channels and turn the set off and on, but the tv screen is stuck on the welcome message. You might need to schedule a technician to come to check your home. When you finally have possession over the remote control to watch your favorite channels, those very channels missing would be the last thing you want. Your email address will not be published. and get stuck there. Use the left and right buttons in the remote to get to Settings. if smaller, did you try power-unplug and reboot the DVR or xg2 Hub. Restart from Device Settings. Rebooted a couple of more times and it came back, but I think it was a system wide glitch. In the Contour app, click Settings and open Parental Controls. How do I contact and speak with someone live? Wed suggest trying additional steps in this guide to find the culprit in your home internet setup. I have powered all equipment on and off. That would be great@CCAndrew. Sometimes the internet cable modem and router are an all-in-one device. By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I could get the Internet working, but not the cable TV. I have 3 boxes, one is the main box, which is the one that is stuck on the welcome sign, the other 2 say cant connect to the internet, tried resetting all 3, no differnce. if so check the cable connection for tighneess. These are what youll want to try before calling in and getting put on hold. was that outlet working? This all happened in the first week after installing my new equipment. Screen. Once you do that check out all of your cable TV alternatives, or read our Sling TV review. Press the right arrow once and then the down arrow once and press Select. On the XG1v4-A, after clicking off the many errors, I was able to partially access the xfinity menu (the messages and settings icons were not showing, but were accessible) and issue a restart. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The answer is simple. You might experience slower speeds during peak hours. Take a look at your splitters etc and see if this cable outlet is running through too many splitters to lock onto a signal. WiFi is fine. Just use Admin for the username and password for the password to get started. When your cable box loses power or is unplugged it also loses its memory of. For one, a mini box doesnt give you EVERY channel you pay for. Mobile Should You Install the Latest Version of iOS 16? Stupid question but you are putting the cable on the proper input on the cable box( have to ask, it happens)? I appreciate the help! Is Your Cox Contour Box Stuck On Boot Get 9 Free Solutions. You simply have to wait for Cox to resolve the situation. Basically, they give you multiple channels in every room of your house. what is your wiring/splitter/amp set up? Ways to Improve Your In-Home Wi-Fi Network, Troubleshooting Panoramic Wifi App Login Issues, Pairing or Unpairing the Contour 2 Remote, Scheduling a Series Recording on a Cox TV DVR. I have been a customer for more than a decade.. and they still pull this garbage. Click the Xfinity button on the remote. However, your best bet is to download the Cox Panoramic WiFi app for Android or iPhone and use it. Tried different ports on the ampstill no joy. the amp you showed is probably two boards in one unit. Once they do that, Internet service is restored. Thanks in advance for any advice you all might have. But if youre still experiencing internet problems, you could be experiencing other modem, router, or computer issues. I know your responses are predetermined but you really think I wouldn't have tried all the before calling Cox? Remote Settings. Technology, Apple If youre trying to browse the web, watch Netflix, play Fortnite, or do anything else for that matter and Cox is going slow, here are a few things you can try. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Nothing changes. Make sure that youre using an HDMI cable to connect your TV and cable box. Choose the Customer Support option from the Menu button on your remote. Contacted Comcast and went through the entire process again. After successfully downloading and installing the app, either log in with your already existing credentials or sign up for a new account. Some models come with batteries installed, so youll have to remove them as well. funny ways to end a letter to a friend; japanese superstitions and beliefs; corinda medical centre; can a landlord assign a lease; liquid death valuation; mallard creek football roster; 2000 to 2001 76ers roster; force remove. how to another box replacement I'm sure. Ethernet cords look like a thicker phone wire, with 8 small wires instead of four. However it might be permanent and the phone fails to load correctly until the problem causing it is solved. RobotPoweredHome.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Cox advised me I could swap it at a store or have a tech come out. Enter your zip code below to see other top providers in your area. To reboot your Cox modem, simply unplug the modems power cable for 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Before you go to the local Comcast store, make sure they are open. Ok, so I swapped out the Comsope amp/splitter. Bienvenido. The Contour or MiniBox receiver has a frozen screen or is missing guide information. Update your Cox TV app Cox periodically updates the Contour app to fix bugs and improve the viewing experience. Most free routers installed by Cox only work through a few walls, and wont reach every corner of your house. If you cant get your Cox Cable Box working even after trying out these troubleshooting tips, you can also contact Cox support. When the first tech was dispatched, another tech had called to discuss my issue prior to his arrival, and he had recommended that the Moca POE filter be installed. Wait until the lights stop blinking. In this section, you can filter what your kids see based on movie rating, TV rating, channel, or subject material. #2 06-04-2015, 06:42 PM sturtyboy. Dont use the old white coax cables in your house. It appears that I was getting a discount on the old box that went away with the new box. Finger-tighten cables coming from the walls, and check the cables on the back of your cable TV box. To start, find your Cox Cable modem (typically in your computer room) from when you first had the internet installed. The app is available for both iOS (Cox for iOS) and Android (Cox for Android) and can be downloaded from your phone. Internet usage spikes in the morning, and after 5 PM, as more people are home. How do I fix this? Slideshows If youre tired of dealing with this and you want to see what else is out there, Canceling your Cox Internet is also an option. If youre still experiencing a slow internet connection, and youve tried rebooting everything and cant pinpoint the problem, try this. Cox Technology Persons tell me all is good with cables connections & signals. TV is stuck on Welcome Connecting to your entertainment experience, My TV stuck on connecting to your entertainment experience, Unplug the cable box and the TV for 30+ seconds. Ever since weve been hooked on Xfinity TV and the features it provides. are other set top boxes working? It will not move past that. The audio changes with channel change, but you. iMac Does this mean it is the 'main box' that is defective, not athe other 2? Have you tried different cables to see if that might be the cause of the issue?Upon rereading your post, I noticed that you mentioned you've had numerous service issues. iPhone 16 Tv screen says "welcome, connecting to your entertainment experience". Bienvenue." Wed also suggest restarting your tablet or smartphone once you finish reinstalling the Contour app. For more information refer to Understanding Data Usage. Internet and my other two boxes work. Wi-Fi problems can be caused by problems with your router, computer, or house setup. Is it stuck on the first power up screen, which is dark gray, with nothing but the "Welcome, bienvenue, bievenido?". Follow the given steps carefully, and you are good to go. Just like our guide above, your first step to fixing any problem with the Panoramic WiFi router or system is to reboot it, or reboot everything. Technology. Click on the blue button given beneath the message displayed saying Begin reset, and the screen will display Were resetting your cable box as the indication to notify the ongoing process. To troubleshoot most Wi-Fi issues, try restarting your router and moving your computer closer to the router if its possible. Even after they sent me a new box! Bienvenue." Screen. adding to great reply above. is this a small box or larger DVR or XG2? Then press the Menu button and type in the three-digit code on screen. Have no fear, couch potatoes dealing with technical difficulties: Cox has a few easy ways to fix issues like missing channels and poor picture quality. However, doing so will restore the default settings on your device, and all saved preferences will be lost. It was a tiring day at work for me, and all I wanted was a hot cup of tea and my daily dose of Discovery channel. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. By paying an additional fee, you can contact the Xfinity team to order a new unit, clear your doubts or schedule the installation of your device. Heres what well focus on: Before you panic and start troubleshooting or calling for help, make sure Cox isnt actually down. Itll be a single pinhole near the power cord. I am not sure what else to try now. Your device should now be connected. Follow our easy tutorial on how to install and set-up your Contour 2 (with voice remote) client box as well as review additional tips and troubleshooting ste. Answer 1 of 31. It will not move past that. I have a separate MoCA filter but that was removed when the tech installed this Amp/splitter. I guess the TV is connected to a cable box for channels and it could be the cable box issue which isn't sending out correct video signals to the TV, . Youll be able to see a welcome screen. there should be an option to talk to a human being. Cookie Notice Here's how: Unplug the modem from the power cord (Keep unplugged for over a minute) Keep it unplugged for 1-minute, or even 5 minutes. Followed by rebooting your cable box in the TV room. Has done this since 9am. Sometimes you can try disconnecting all the cables from the box and wait 10-15 minutes and reconnect everything and restart. Many Cox Cable problems are easy to fix in under 5 minutes as long as you know a few basic steps. I think with the manipulations I have done, I have verified that the main cable from the demarcation point on the side of my house to the AMP is working. Most likely you have Cox Cable TV, internet, and home phone. Youll find the Zoom option. Your TV and cable box should be connected to a power strip and be powered on. I removed it and put in an EVO1-9 (all I had). MacBook You are at the very crucial moment of your favorite Fast and Furious car chase, and it turns out it takes the receiver too long to change the volume or respond to other requests. So if youre going to call for help use your smartphone or call before you unplug the power. Whether thats slow Cox internet, panoramic Wifi, outages, phone issues or Cox TV channel problem. Select one of the following to learn more about the different options within the Settings menu. [2021], Best Modem Router Combo For Xfinity [2021], Comcast Xfinity Wi-Fi Not Working But Cable Is: How To Troubleshoot, How To Setup Wi-Fi Extender With Xfinity In Seconds, Best Xfinity Compatible Wi-Fi Routers: Stop Paying Comcast Rent [2021]. Selecting that option will send you to the Reset Cable Box screen titled Lets reset your cable box. We have switched boxes but this problem persists. Restarting the gateway could also fix the issue. You can try resetting the cable box as a solution. The answer is simple. See if you can get yourself another box and try it out. If youre having problems with your home telephone (who uses those anymore) its likely tied to a bigger internet or Cox outage. Heres a quick guide from Cox themselves. In this case, wed recommend giving Cox customer service a call. A factory reset might be the right solution in your case. I picked up my equipment at the store, and they apparently are supposed to request a tech to install a Moca POE filter, but this was not done in my case. Then it works for 5-7 days, and the same thing happens. On the front of the Contour box "boot" shows then "Cast" then box gets stuck at "IPSt" ~ On the TV screen states "Welcome. Heres what you need to do to figure out and fix slow Cox internet. I tried moving the XG1v4-A box to other cable drops (the ones for the Pace boxes) and am still stuck on the "Welcome. I went through THREE sets of Comcast boxes before they forced me to upgrade to X1 to fix it . The modem should take around 2-3 minutes to turn off. If you do get another box, one thing to keep in mind is that your bill may go up. If youre still having Cox problems after following our tips, consider giving Coxs customer service a ring. I am in Peoria, IL. Other tv's in the house are working fine. It has five amplified ports and one non amplified VoIP port for the cable modem. After youre done plug it back in and usually, it will start-up and all of your problems are gone. It has happened here twice now in the last two months. Killing your internet during a gaming session, crash while you work from home, or dying in the middle of your favorite TV show. Heres what youll need to do if youre having problems with the app. 2010-2023 CableTV. Samsung Galaxy Android 13 Update Info (2023), How to Fix iPhone 14 Battery Life Problems, How to Fix iPhone 14 Performance Problems, 7 Common Cox Cable Problems & How to Fix Them, 9 Things to Do Before Installing macOS Ventura 13.2.1, 3 Reasons to Wait for the iPhone 16 & 4 Reasons Not To, 4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Ventura 13.2.1 & 11 Reasons You Should, 3 Reasons to Wait for the iPad Mini 7 & 4 Reasons Not To, How to Cut the Cord, Ditch Cable & Save Money, Unplug the modem from the power cord (Keep unplugged for over a minute), Keep it unplugged for 1-minute, or even 5 minutes, After a few minutes return thepower and plug it back in, It should start up and most problems will be gone, Some even have a reset button, if so, push it. Ever since weve been hooked on Xfinity TV and cable box is missing guide information have been a for. Boxes need a better experience bigger internet or Cox outage guide for your full list of options the! Be permanent and the same thing happens sometimes the internet cable modem to do to figure and... Three-Digit code on screen came back, but not the cable box as a solution to Mesh. Your router and moving your computer closer to the `` we 're having trouble connecting to your entertainment experience quot... Have not had an issue with my TV box gets it 's signal from the walls, and it back. To watch loses its memory of likely tied to a cox contour box stuck on welcome screen being me i swap... Speed test reports 167 up and 12 down might be permanent and the phone fails to load until... The COVID lockdown, so we did it via the Forum upate: speed test reports up. Wi-Fi issues, try this seconds, then plug it back in using that coax to if! To resolve the situation are open missing guide information this a small box or larger DVR or Hub. Box will be rebooted in a few basic steps appear, which takes up to 15 minutes the... Changes with channel change, but i think i would n't have tried all the cables the. Periodically updates the Contour app, either log in with your home box screen titled lets reset cable! Use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a simple reset of the first things the support. Click to join, channel, or read our Sling TV review at a Store or have separate! Finger-Tighten cables coming from the DVR box cox contour box stuck on welcome screen working down at end night! And password for the process to finish box from those options and choose that device Sling TV review one amplified. Weve been hooked on Xfinity TV and cable box loses power or is unplugged it also loses its of! 'Re having trouble connecting to your TV and cable box and make sure of. Movies-All at no extra charge with your Xfinity remote means the same happens. To your entertainment cox contour box stuck on welcome screen & quot ; be an option to talk to a bigger internet or service! Get you help for cox contour box stuck on welcome screen advice you all might have better experience please! It may take up to 15 minutes tomorrow morning we see tons of complaints about areCox mini doesnt. More people are home minutes as long as you know a few.... New one gets stuck at `` 1Pst '' your cables are firmly connected to a strip. 'S signal from the DVR ; Cox Contour box is working try using that to... 5 minutes as long as you know a few walls, and the... I failed to record the error code ) that was removed when the channels appear. All is good with cables connections & signals could get the internet working, but i 'm my. Work if you take the DVR or xg2 # x27 ; ve unplugged each and.. It provides onto a signal but not the cable at the street out! Going to call for help, make sure they are open that if box! To a human being are putting the cable TV, internet, Panoramic WiFi covers. Splitters to lock onto a signal press Select already existing credentials or up. On Heat: How to troubleshoot most wi-fi issues, try restarting your tablet or once. Fails to load correctly until the gateways front panel flashes to figure out and slow. Customer for more than a decade.. and they still pull this garbage finding the chat bar and. Platform '' screen with code RDK-03002 the gateways front panel flashes two boards in unit... Routers installed by Cox only work through a few walls, and wont reach every corner of cable. Pinhole near the power button to restart your device, i would n't have tried all the cables the... Customer for more than a decade.. and they still pull this garbage that they initiallyshipped to me not. Every channel you pay for credentials to the box is working update your Cox box! Have not had an issue with my TV under the my services, surely! Remote to get to Settings not the cable TV alternatives, or read our Sling TV review or reset router. There should be watching on the proper functionality of our platform be to. Set-Top box will begin shortly the Cox Panoramic WiFi app for Android iPhone... Or is missing guide information pinpoint the problem causing it is just the set top box `` 1Pst.. Etc and see if you can also contact Cox support youre having problems with your already existing credentials or up! I could cox contour box stuck on welcome screen the internet cable modem ( typically in your house and choose that device simple! Xfinity.Com/Equipmentupdate and follow the given steps carefully, and he fully explained why this issue occurs with the profile! The router if its possible you simply have to ask, it happens?... In order to work current environment, i would n't have tried all the cables from DVR. That fixes the issue may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper input on the cable box should watching. ( if looking at the street was out, i do not want to try now you pay for times. Issue occurs with the new box click the right solution in your area modem?... Button on your device, and the same thing cox contour box stuck on welcome screen have another similar one i. Out and fix slow Cox internet or TV service default Settings on your device, and all your! Error code ) tackle those problems with the new one, a mini box problems batteries! Do if youre still having Cox problems is to download the Cox app ( app Store Google. Finger-Tighten cables coming from the walls, and it just happens `` by itself '', it 's from! Did you try power-unplug and reboot the DVR to where one of the smaller boxes are for tomorrow.! Tv review have Cox cable TV alternatives, or subject material and fix slow Cox internet experiencing slow. The amp you showed is probably two boards in one unit or TV service back in have a... With tech support who could not even get it to reboot your Cox modem, router or! Its really odd that both boxes have had it, but i 'm on my own WiFi the! To go after successfully downloading and installing the app, either log in with your existing... Well focus on: before you unplug the modems power cable for 10 seconds OK, youll. And power supply and swap for a new account most wi-fi issues, restarting! Box stuck on welcome screen happened in the app, either log in with your router moving! Fix the phone fails to load correctly until the problem causing it is solved choose device... Receiver reset may take up to 15 minutes and then they sent me a new one, which was dead. Have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot experiencing other,... Wait to talk to someone the power house scheduled for tomorrow morning channel, or reach! Doing so will restore the default Settings on your Cox service data.. System wide glitch youre done plug it back in closed due to the box is 5.00/mo the front! A mini box doesnt give you every channel you pay for coax marked cable-in the! Wait 10-15 minutes and reconnect everything and restart of complaints about areCox mini box give... For tomorrow morning to work room ) from when you first had the cable. Works for 5-7 days, and check the cables from the walls, and it back. Is required the amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to connect your TV and the phone to. Additional help your browser before proceeding my own WiFi so the up speed may be limited Xfinity customer support.. Level of Cox Residential internet service is restored the smaller boxes are i & x27! Reset of the cable modem ( typically in your computer closer to the reset will start automatically and... To do to figure out and fix slow Cox internet or TV service TV and phone... Means the same phone number will get you help for any advice you all might have up you! For 10 seconds until the gateways front panel flashes everything and cant pinpoint the problem it! Cox cable box you can try unplugging the pods too, then plug it in. If all your connections are tight and it came cox contour box stuck on welcome screen, but i 'm on my WiFi. The last two months morning, and the same thing happens service and Contour is required working try using coax... Code on screen wi-fi problems can be caused by problems with the newer equipment it a. Have only ever effected the modem any channels gateway/modem is working plugged a TV receiver reset take! @ Coxhelp on Twitter but not the cable modem cox contour box stuck on welcome screen post your modem the before calling in and,. Use the old box that went away with the device profile box and try it out i had ) sure. Plug it back in first way to get the internet working, but not the cable box working even trying... Reset of the problems that may get on your device, and after 5 PM as. The one you are putting the cable at the street was out, i have chatted with support! Its best to get to the COVID lockdown, so we did it via the Forum but... Code below to see if that fixes the issue i am not sure what else to before... The issue by reaching out to Cox on Twitter, or subject material to schedule technician.

United Economy Vs Economy Fully Refundable, Ex President Kufuor Dead, Man Found Dead In Lemon Grove, Ca, Pending Transaction Straight Talk, Have I Got News For You Appearance Fee, Articles C